2009 ...

nalani

... what's everyone doing to celebrate the coming new year?

Me? I'll probably be asleep. The party is at ku'u's house this year but I don't imagine I'll hang on much past 10pm .. the twins kinda knock the wind outta me around 9pm-ish LOL.

nalani

I'll be hosting a party at my house :beerbang:

Are your sisters coming in?

I don't think so :( ... they said they were gonna cruise it out in Waimea and wanted us to come out there .. but I work on the eve .. and so does Chris .. and it's freezing ass up there LOL.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Silly Hawaiin's...by the time you get to 2009, we'll all be in February.

catocom

I'm baking a big turkey for 1-1-09.
My 3 God-children are eating adult style now, so it's like 6 adults.

I'm going to try to go see my great aunt, that's having bad knee trouble,
and take her some greens, sometime real soon.

Inkara1

After I get Friday's paper put together on Wednesday, I'll head down to San Bernardino to ring in the new year with Melissa... and then head back home after she goes to work... at 8 a.m. on new year's day. >.<

kuulani

Silly Hawaiin's...by the time you get to 2009, we'll all be in February.

*lol*

I'm going to try to go see my great aunt, that's having bad knee trouble, and take her some greens, sometime real soon.

smoking-red-eyes-009.gif

Inkara1

How do you guys know the news so far ahead od schedule?
Ever wondered why so many people think they can do a journalist's job better than the journalist can, yet so few actually get hired at news outlets?

Dave

We have our New Years Eve rituals. At midnight, turn on all the lights and toss coins into all rooms. Supposed to bring luck and money to the house in the upcoming year. Been doing it for the past decade or so. We never run out of money and we haven't killed each other so I guess its working.

catocom

We eat greens for the "luck"/money.....

The way it works is it brings work, but it's up to the person to make the money or not.

My theory is that greens give stamina. so you can work better, and longer.

nalani

We have our New Years Eve rituals. At midnight, turn on all the lights and toss coins into all rooms. Supposed to bring luck and money to the house in the upcoming year. Been doing it for the past decade or so. We never run out of money and we haven't killed each other so I guess its working.

Can you come toss some money in my rooms, please? :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
We eat greens for the "luck"/money.....

The way it works is it brings work, but it's up to the person to make the money or not.

My theory is that greens give stamina. so you can work better, and longer.

My mom has this notion about blackeyed peas & New Years.

Hated 'em them & hate 'em now (though not quite as vigorously)

TexasRaceLady

I'll be at home alone this year --- well, as alone as one can be with 2 dogs. LOL
The other half is in Alabama, helping son remodel his house.

It will be quiet --- until midnight, then all the locals will get out and fire off whatever kind of weaponry they own. Gets really interesting listening to the firepower around here.

kuulani

We always eat soup on New Years - right at midnight. We may be full from dinner, but you gotta eat your bowl of soup. I dont even know why we do, but I look forward to it every year!