2012 Elections

Who would like to see as your next POTUS team?

• Al Franken & Janeane Garofalo for the Liberal lefties

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Sarah Palin & Carrie Prejean for Patriotic Conservative Americans

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Obamanation ruler for life representing the straight commies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't take arrogance to recognize that your leaders participate in a popularity contest for the top seat, and are pretty much willing to sell your future for their present.

are you still arrogant enough to think that you've figured out what the rest of us haven't?

It doesn't take arrogance to recognize that your leaders participate in a popularity contest for the top seat, and are pretty much willing to sell your future for their present.

Sorry minkey, but he's right. It doesn't matter whether they're Republicans or Democrats. It simply doesn't make any difference. Hasn't the current administration shown you that? Nothing important has changed and it's highly unlikely that anything important will. The thing he's wrong about is that he called them "leaders." I truly suspect they do as they're told.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to chcr again.

Our elected President has been a figurehead for at least 60 years. Until we throw out the majority of the House and the Senate we will NEVER have change.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to chcr again.

Our elected President has been a figurehead for at least 60 years. Until we throw out the majority of the House and the Senate we will NEVER have change.

If we do, it still won't change. Maybe if we do it in every national election for the next two decades they'll figure it out but I suspect that even there the odds are pretty long. The system has become broken. It doesn't even superficially resemble the system the founders intended. George Washington, for instance, hated the idea of political parties. He was right. 90% (or more) of what's wrong with the government right now is directly attributable to our elected officials putting personal and partisan issues ahead of what the people want and what's best for the country.

Sorry minkey, but he's right. It doesn't matter whether they're Republicans or Democrats. It simply doesn't make any difference. Hasn't the current administration shown you that? Nothing important has changed and it's highly unlikely that anything important will. The thing he's wrong about is that he called them "leaders." I truly suspect they do as they're told.

so, wait, we're all just voting for some level of advertising face?

golly, i had no idea.

i must not have meant that palin is a particularly coarse and transparent example of exactly that.

Do you have a solution?
...it's Bush's fault?

Boy minkey, that woman just scares the bejezzus out of you doesn't she? Is it because she isn't a party toy?

Its too far out to know who to back for '12, but damn she's hawt and we need to see more of her for the next few years.

palinturkey.jpg

sexy.

Do you have a solution?

Boy minkey, that woman just scares the bejezzus out of you doesn't she? Is it because she isn't a party toy?

more like embarrasses the bejeezus out of me. she's a symbol of everything that is stupid and wrong about america.

her popularity shows just how sad and dumb america has become. or, rather, still is.

nah, i'm just kidding. she's a good girl that's on the right side. and as long as she has the right beliefs and sticks to what big daddy told her, in the perfect conservative form of strong postfeminist woman, she'll be a perfectly competent executive. yep, when putin is buzzing around up there in the artic, barbie would make the right decisions. keep us safe. from the muslimcommies. :bgtup:

Actually, Chic, I propose that 'leader' is the correct term ... in that ... that's who the country follows. But like any good military action ... the leader isn't the guy in charge ... he's the guy in front taking all the enemy fire. The generals are far in the rear, well protected.

I hope that someday, we Americans, can live up to the high standards set forth by you & chcr. As for now, we're just dumb hicks who are stupid & arrogant & meaningless. Thank you for troubling yourself to stop & increase our collective IQ. I'm not sure we could survive without you two.

more like embarrasses the bejeezus out of me. she's a symbol of everything that is stupid and wrong about america.

her popularity shows just how sad and dumb america has become. or, rather, still is.

nah, i'm just kidding. she's a good girl that's on the right side. and as long as she has the right beliefs and sticks to what big daddy told her, in the perfect conservative form of strong postfeminist woman, she'll be a perfectly competent executive. yep, when putin is buzzing around up there in the artic, barbie would make the right decisions. keep us safe. from the muslimcommies. :bgtup:

Interestingly enough, nobody has mentioned Condaleeza Rice...A far better choice simply because she isn't running, has experience, and would be a far better leader than anybody shoved down our throats so far.

I could, after I know her politics. I thought Gen Powell might have been an interesting choice until his politics became clear.

I could, after I know her politics. I thought Gen Powell might have been an interesting choice until his politics became clear.

Back to square one, I see. Isn't that what got us into trouble from the beginning? You don't hire someone for their politics. You hire them for their effectiveness. The reward for ineffectiveness is a pink slip when the contract is up.

Actually, Chic, I propose that 'leader' is the correct term ... in that ... that's who the country follows. But like any good military action ... the leader isn't the guy in charge ... he's the guy in front taking all the enemy fire. The generals are far in the rear, well protected.
So, you're in favor of a military dictatorship then. Efficient, I'll grant you but fascism isn't my bag. Besides, we'd rather that the default state of the nation was not "at war."

"Taking enemy fire?" I thought you were a monarchist.

Do you have a solution?
Sure I do. I've suggested it half a dozen times at least. I knew you didn't pay attention.

By the way, Palin as President would be an unmitigated disaster. You guys really don't understand who and what she is, do you?

By the way, Palin as President would be an unmitigated disaster. You guys really don't understand who and what she is, do you?

Not being on the Palin bandwagon, I'm not so sure she can do much worse than what we already had over the past 40 years or so...Remember where the real power lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back