3 day weekend!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Anybody else get the long weekend? Any major plans?

If the weather holds, I plan to spend Friday doing tune-ups on the yard equipment, getting all the outdoor stuff ready for spring. Two riding mowers, a push mower, a string trimmer, a rear tine tiller/tractor, the grill, and whatever else lurks in yon shed. :eek9:

Saturday, not sure yet. Me spouse is off work that day, so who knows what she has in mind? :la: :brow2: :moon: :whip: :eek13:

Sunday, Easter service, then a whole lotta nothin'. Might go see the parental units, might not.

Any of it beats being at work!

Nope, no long weekend here. I'm batchin' it for the weekend though. I already tuned the lawn and garden equipment but it's too wet still to till the garden. May get the pool ready to start. Other than that, I'll watch the tourney and do the laundry. Play some guitar but I do that all the time anyway.

No extra day here. Gotta uncover the pool, since I have a guy coming next weekend to quote on a liner replacement, and I don;t see doing that work on an evening after a full day. Neighborhood egg hunt is Sunday, but it looks like rain. :(

chcr said:
it's too wet still to till the garden.

I decided against a garden this year. I canned beans last year to get us through for two to three years. I'll sock a couple three climbin' t'mater vines in a rotten bale of hay, maybe a couple of bell pepper plants in a planter, and call it good enough. I'm going to help my folks with theirs, so I'll have a few onions and cukes out of that, and I'll probably just buy a few dozen ears of corn when it comes in to cut and freeze. I need to let the garden patch heal a year anyway. Might move my garden to another spot next year. 3 1/2 acres, I think I can find somewhere. This year has been dedicated to making something out of the yard besides crabgrass and weeds and mole burrows. Any tips on eliminating moles without acting like Bill Murray?

SouthernN'Proud said:
I decided against a garden this year. I canned beans last year to get us through for two to three years. I'll sock a couple three climbin' t'mater vines in a rotten bale of hay, maybe a couple of bell pepper plants in a planter, and call it good enough. I'm going to help my folks with theirs, so I'll have a few onions and cukes out of that, and I'll probably just buy a few dozen ears of corn when it comes in to cut and freeze. I need to let the garden patch heal a year anyway. Might move my garden to another spot next year. 3 1/2 acres, I think I can find somewhere. This year has been dedicated to making something out of the yard besides crabgrass and weeds and mole burrows. Any tips on eliminating moles without acting like Bill Murray?
I didn't have a garden last year, grew my fresh maters in pots on the part of the patio that's somewhat shaded. This year I'm putting one in again, but it'll be scaled down from what it used to be, I think.

My dogs are pretty good at eliminating moles but the holes are a problem. :lol:

We have so much snow it's sick - no outdoor hunt this year.
Can't garden, nothin'!!!!!
So - a long weekend of TOO MANY KIDS is what I have :)

eh, every day is about the same for me.
I have a hard time try to remember what day of the week it is sometimes even.
I'll probably be around family most of the day Easter though.

Right now I have 3 different projects going on.
Sealing, and re-decking my balcony....
Putting a special fitted heater hose on my moms van...,
and then getting back to working on my backhoe.

That's just the immediate stuff. I got a whole list.

Spirit said:
We have so much snow it's sick - no outdoor hunt this year.
Can't garden, nothin'!!!!!
So - a long weekend of TOO MANY KIDS is what I have :)

Just tell the little ones you've hidden eggs outside ,problem solved,they'll spend hours/days looking. :evilcool:

catocom said:
eh, every day is about the same for me.
I have a hard time try to remember what day of the week it is sometimes even.
I'll probably be around family most of the day Easter though.

Right now I have 3 different projects going on.
Sealing, and re-decking my balcony....
Putting a special fitted heater hose on my moms van...,
and then getting back to working on my backhoe.

That's just the immediate stuff. I got a whole list.

See, you hadda ask. I could go on for quite a while as I try to stay busy. :D
anyway I got the new hose on. I had to switch it over from the proprietary
crimped special end system to the std screw-clamp type. :swing:

My bro has the old boards torn off, and it's lunchtime, so we'll be looking
at getting it re-sealed, and probably call it a day, because it looks like
it's going to take new lumber instead of trying to use the old wood back.
More money to re-deck. :(

SouthernN'Proud said:
This year has been dedicated to making something out of the yard besides crabgrass and weeds and mole burrows. Any tips on eliminating moles without acting like Bill Murray?

SN'P, we found a commercial spray with a castor oil base that seems to work. We sprayed right around the house last year and haven't had a recurrence yet. Seems they all moved out to the north 40 --- which is fine as long as they don't come into the yard.

TexasRaceLady said:
SN'P, we found a commercial spray with a castor oil base that seems to work. We sprayed right around the house last year and haven't had a recurrence yet. Seems they all moved out to the north 40 --- which is fine as long as they don't come into the yard.

Information please, TRL? brand, where you got it, etc. It'd be nice not to have to work around the holes.

i had a 5 day weekend, but picked up a shift for tomorrow, so i'll have to make do with a 4 day weekend. life is so unfair sometimes..... :p

Back