3 day weekend!

chcr said:
Information please, TRL? brand, where you got it, etc. It'd be nice not to have to work around the holes.

chcr, I don't remember the brand name and we used it all. We bought it at Tractor Supply last year. But I would be willing to bet that Home Depot or Lowes would carry something similar. It is the castor oil that drives the moles away -- so probably any homogenus brand with that in it would probably work.

My trusty little .22 rifle works well, too. hehehe

Someone get the hose
Tonks' ass is on fire again
she was trying to sunbath nude.

I tolded you a thousand times, Sheesh!

tonksy said:
get a cat. mine likes to kill little furry yard animals.

And the neighborhood dogs like to kill cats.

I'll check out Tractor Supply and the local Co-Op. They should have something that works better and costs less than what Lowe's et al carry, as they cater to the suburbanites these days. Thanks TRL...a life saver as usual. :D

HomeLAN said:
Find a decent ticket price, and flying is usually cheaper in the long run.
With the price of gas doing what it's doing, probably in the short run too.

A 12 gallon tank, filled 10 times @ $1.699 is 203.88.
The same situation at $2.169 is 260.28

If a family can't afford an extra 60 bucks they probably shouldn't go on vacation.

Gonz said:
A 12 gallon tank, filled 10 times @ $1.699 is 203.88.
The same situation at $2.169 is 260.28

If a family can't afford an extra 60 bucks they probably shouldn't go on vacation.

Don't be an ass. That $60 is the difference between a full pass or a park pass at most amusment parks. That adds up. Or it's a dip into the emergency fund. (that I've needed to buy tires on one trip)

That $60 may well be the difference between a 3 day vacation, or a week trip. Let's look at my trip south. I'm looking at 1300 miles each way. Pulling the trailer, that's ballpark 25 mpg. 52 gallons each way. At $1.699 that's 176.70, without any sidetrips. $225.58 at the higher price. That's $50 that I can't spend on my family. Without a damn good reason, odds are, I'll spend my vacation, and my money closer to home. And that's not including any sidetrips. Add at least another 300 miles in sidetrips. And there have been vacations where I was waiting on my paycheque going in to pay the gas for the next leg. Some of the best trips we've ever taken have been no better planned than a direction on a compass. Hard to plan in that extra $60. Ya don't really see it till the end. One vacation took us nearly 700 miles further than we'd ever expected.

The point being, a set of tires, a extra night at the Motel Hell, whatever. If that little bit is enough to cause strife, it's unaffordable in the first place. At least it's easier to budget in more gas money than emergency tire money.

We've just had 2 long weekends in a row - had last week Monday off as well with a public holiday and this one was a 4 day weekend for us - we get Easter Friday & Monday off. Just spent most of it with family, relaxed and mainly did bugger-all.

I've got 2329.96 miles from my front door to Unc's front door (according to Mapquest). If I average 30 miles to the gallon (I think that's doable, maybe even a bit higher,; never had a tank that was all freeway and no city and I've gotten over 30 before), that's just under 78 gallons each way, or $169.18 per way figured at the higher price.

Back