300 page iPhone bill

TexasRaceLady

I'm concerned about the woman that claims she sends 30,000 text messages a month ---

She has no real life --- she exists only through her phone.

Inkara1

I'm a light texter... only about 3,000 a month or so.

By default, Verizon sends a simplified bill, while showing you an itemized statement online. I was glad when Verizon switched over so incoming calls are itemized too, with numbers, instead of just "incoming call."

markjs

Banned
You are a light texter? I pay for 50 a month, and never go over....

I have AT&T, but no iPhone, but their bills cover every detail. BTW, Verizon didn't change because they thought it would be nice, they changed because federal regulations mandated it.

Inkara1

I was being facetious a bit... thing is, when I got my text package, it came with 5,000... the next lower text plan was 1,500. It was cheaper to pay $5 more and have a few thousand unused texts than to get the lower plan and pay the overages.

TexasRaceLady

I don't think I've sent more that 10 texts in my life. If I want to talk, I'll call you. LOL

For me, that's easier than trying to type using those damned little buttons.

POStech

How the hell do you send 30000 text messages in a month? On an 18 hour day that would be close to 1 text per minute. Even if you're group texting (which you can't do with the iphone) that's still shit load.

BlurOfSerenity

i love texting. i wish my friends had as awesome a texting plan as i do (i think i get unlimited for like $5/mo or something ridiculous like that), so that they could text me more instead of calling me. i hate talking on the phone.

my coworker got an iphone the day it got out, and i think it's the stupidest thing ever, for many reasons, including this, but every time i trash-talk it, she probably thinks it's just sour grapes.

StuTheWise

Well, let me just say I'm with everybody else on the "WOW!" factor that sending 30,000 text messages in a month is even humanly possible.

I understand that there are times when the informality of text messages are nice, but when you are holding an hour long conversation, isn't it just easier to call? I harass my wife all the time because she'll text back and forth with one of her friends like 20 times trying to set up a lunch date or something. She always says, "She's at work," or something similar. At which point I just give a confused look and consign myself to an inability to understand the female logic.

I send maybe 5 a month. If somebody texts me with something that requires a response, I typically just call them back. I know, I'm crazy that way.

pc_builder

My gf is like ash. Hates to talk on the phone, but she'll text up a storm. So I got texting added to my phone. :laugh: That's how we talk and set up our dates and stuff.