39% Now Blame Bad Economy on 0bama’s Policies

Cerise

His personal popularity masks the beating he’s taking on health care, the economy, and matters pertaining to defense.

Americans are starting to tire of 0bama’s daily photo-ops and media love fests.

His path to glory was nothing more than the fact that he was some exotic character with an exotic background who appeared out of nowhere and started promising everything to everyone. Now the novelty is fading away.

In 2012, Americans will judge him solely on results -- promises won't be a factor.

Fifty-four percent (54%) still say the country’s economic woes are due to the recession Obama inherited from President Bush.

the percentage of voters who say the nation is heading in the right direction is now up 17 points from the week Barack Obama was elected president in November and up 11 points from the week he was inaugurated in January.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...on_wrong_track/right_direction_or_wrong_track

Americans Evenly Divided Over Urgency of Health Care Reform

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ly_divided_over_urgency_of_health_care_reform

How come you never cared about the polls when Bush was in office Cerise?

Pretty interesting given that his response was pretty much the same as the previous administration's.

yeah. the dumb;ass growth rate is accelerating. don;t take no rocket sciencetist to figure that out.

Dropping like a rock.

SOURCE

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Monday, June 22, 2009

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 33% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-four percent (34%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -1. Today is the second straight day the President’s rating has been below zero (see trends).

Among those who are politically liberal, 64% Strongly Approve. So do 40% of moderates. However 61% of conservatives Strongly Disapprove (see other recent demographic highlights).

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates also available on Twitter.

Most voters still place the blame for our nation’s economic woes on the Bush Administration, but a growing number say it’s Obama’s economy now. The number blaming Bush has fallen to 54%. That’s down eight points from a month ago.

Consumer confidence, while still up since the beginning of the year, has retreated to its lowest level in two months. For the latest polling updates on other topics in the news, please visit the Rasmussen Reports home page.

Overall, 54% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance so far. Forty-five percent (45%) disapprove. For more Presidential barometers, see Obama By the Numbers.

(More Below)

obama_index_june_22_2009.jpg

Americans remain evenly divided as to whether or not health care reform should wait until the economy is better.

Check out our weekly review of key polls from last week to see “What They Told Us.” You might also try our Daily Prediction Challenge to predict the results of upcoming polls.

When comparing Job Approval data from different firms, it’s important to keep in mind that polls of likely voters and polls of all adults will typically and consistently yield different results. In the case of President Obama, polls by all firms measuring all adults typically show significantly higher approval ratings than polls of likely voters. Polls of registered voters typically fall in the middle. Other factors are also important to consider when comparing Job Approval ratings from different polling firms.

[more]

He's really going to have to better than that if he wants to get down to Bush's numbers.

Because, of course, Bush's approval rating while he was in office is relevant to this discussion, as we all know. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you don't like to hear about it but why not put it in perspective with the record holder who was just in office. :rolleyes:

I know how much jim and Cerise worried about that record setting low.

I'm sure you don't like to hear about it but why not put it in perspective with the record holder who was just in office. :rolleyes:

I know how much jim and Cerise worried about that record setting low.

Then shouldn't we include Teddy Roosevelt in the discussion? Chester A. Aurthur? Herbert Hoover? James Polk? Grover Cleveland?

Sure, if you want.

It is interesting that with the previous admin having the record low that those that continue to defend him are suddenly caught up in polls though. Those same people weren't so concerned while the record was being set. ;)

Sure, if you want.

It is interesting that with the previous admin having the record low that those that continue to defend him are suddenly caught up in polls though. Those same people weren't so concerned while the record was being set. ;)

Don't worry. A new low's comin'.

Well, it looks for all the world that your only purpose in life is to slam Bush, like it's the one track in your mind. As for whether I like to hear about it... I was neutral on it the first 20,000 times you said it.

Well, it looks for all the world that your only purpose in life is to slam Bush

You're speaking for the world now? Whatever. I could say it looks for all the world like a few posters only purpose is to slam Obama. They're even trying to slam him for trivial crap compared to the serious shit that caused Bush's record setting unpopularity.

Now if someone brings up a slight drop in popularity while Obama remains incredibly popular it's only natural to question why they didn't care about the previous guys FAR lower popularity. If you can't deal because you also supported him...tough

Well, it looks for all the world that your only purpose in life is to slam Bush, like it's the one track in your mind. As for whether I like to hear about it... I was neutral on it the first 20,000 times you said it.

hey just make sure you give the folks that most of their posts about dummy dummy dum dum obama a problem too.

You're speaking for the world now? Whatever.
When did "looks for all the world" start meaning that I'm speaking for the whole world?

hey just make sure you give the folks that most of their posts about dummy dummy dum dum obama a problem too.
I seem to recall having had little tiffs with both Jim and Cerise, particularly about the middle name and birth certificate things.

Hmmmmm. Who is in the WH these days, anyway?

:shrug:

Apparently, the only reason to criticize Booooooosh! is because there is no possibility to defend the current prez's actions.

As in: It's Booooooooosh's Fault!

When did "looks for all the world" start meaning that I'm speaking for the whole world?

Uh yeah, if you think you know how things look to the world it kinda does.

I seem to recall having had little tiffs with both Jim and Cerise, particularly about the middle name and birth certificate things.

Good for you. :thumbup:

Back