A fun week ahead

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hurricane Dennis (may be the worst since Andrew) comes aboard just as I head down that way.Knowxville TN, down to the Hotlanta area & back up thru mid Alabama.

Anybody got some waders I can use?

(Carrollton, Norcross, Forsest Park, Fayetteville, Newnan) Who's taking me to lunch or dinner?

I'll meet ya for lunch. Norcross isn't too far from the office. What's the detailed schedule?

It looks like late afternoon Tuesday in Norcross & hoping to get the Forest Park off before shutting down for the day. It's all tenative & depending on weather, traffic & helpful customers of course.

Isn't Norcross GA the trans-universal HQ for our beloved Waffle House? 'Twould be a sin to go anywhere else; kinda like going to Chinatown and eating McDonald's.

Oh, and Gonz? If yer coming down 81 south toward Knoxville, lemme know. I'm closest to exit 23. If yer coming in on 75, I can't help you any.

Maryville, Athens, Cleveland, Chatanooga, Dalton, Ranger, Jasper, Ft Payne, (Atlanta area), central Alabama, Winchester, Tullahoma, Shelbyville & Columbia.

I'm taking a SnP tour.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Isn't Norcross GA the trans-universal HQ for our beloved Waffle House? 'Twould be a sin to go anywhere else; kinda like going to Chinatown and eating McDonald's.

AZ & CA have Waffle Houses & I like them. Last week, when I was in the Louisville to Lexington KY area, I saw more WFs than McD's. They must be the unofficial WF capital. I mean EVERYWHERE.

Gonz said:
AZ & CA have Waffle Houses & I like them. Last week, when I was in the Louisville to Lexington KY area, I saw more WFs than McD's. They must be the unofficial WF capital. I mean EVERYWHERE.
At the I-24 exit I cross on the way home we have one on each side of the interstate (well under a mile apart). I think there's only one at the other exit.

Gonz said:
Maryville, Athens, Cleveland, Chatanooga, Dalton, Ranger, Jasper, Ft Payne, (Atlanta area), central Alabama, Winchester, Tullahoma, Shelbyville & Columbia.

I'm taking a SnP tour.

Git on up hyar in th'correct end of th'state wonchy? We'll have us'ns a real good time!

Squeal like pig boy! Squeal! SQUEEEEEAAALLLL! :lloyd:

Seriously, Tennessee is three states...east, middle, and west. Not much in common with each other, and not a whole lotta love lost. If you ever find yourself up this way, holler. I-81, exits 23 or 30, or even I-26 near Asheville NC would be feasible.

My mom & her husband had a place in TN, just over 20 years ago, that I would kill for. It was an old restaurant, sitting, literally, over a river, (a couple miles downstream from a dam, I think). Over the river, at the edge of her yard, was an old single lane steel bridge. The road in & out was barely 2 lane back-country, so I have no idea how the restaurant made money (apparently it didn't). Looking back, it was the coolest place & they sold it to move to Vegas. :rolleyes:

I was flown in to load the truck & drive while her husband started his new job in Nevada. The house was near Murfreesboro, I think. I can't find it for the life of me.

Gonz said:
My mom & her husband had a place in TN, just over 20 years ago, that I would kill for. It was an old restaurant, sitting, literally, over a river, (a couple miles downstream from a dam, I think). Over the river, at the edge of her yard, was an old single lane steel bridge. The road in & out was barely 2 lane back-country, so I have no idea how the restaurant made money (apparently it didn't). Looking back, it was the coolest place & they sold it to move to Vegas. :rolleyes:

I was flown in to load the truck & drive while her husband started his new job in Nevada. The house was near Murfreesboro, I think. I can't find it for the life of me.

Hmm... doesn't ring any bells. Wasn't an old mill, was it?

Possibly. It had a huge picture window overlooking the river, in what could only be a dining area & a massive kitchen.

catocom said:
Gonz, if you're up around 985, I'm off exit 22, and there's a waffle house there too.
:lol: Does the word "ubiquitous" occur to anyone else?

Scattered, smothered & covered or death. Bring Waffle House to the ME & peace will persist.

man I love the bacon-chicken sandwich things....
I can almost feel the arteries harden as I'm eating it. :D

Back