A kinder, gentler military

The Army says it has reduced by nearly 7 percent the number of recruits who wash out in the first six to 12 months of military life.

Gotta retain every soldier they can when military resources are being wasted like mad.

Without the yelling, the military will slide to the quality of the Spanish National Guard within a few years. Being nice may work for mechanics and cooks... but not for rifle totin' souljas! ... and the primary use of any soldier is as an infantryman.

Oh sure, stop the yelling..

Then if the soldger is captured and raghead the barbarian starts to rag on the private the session won't last very long...

Oh sure, stop the yelling..

Then if the soldger is captured and raghead the barbarian starts to rag on the private the session won't last very long...

Umm... that doesn't have anything to do with why they yell at them highway. Not that I think they should stop either, you understand.

They yell at you to gauge how you react in stressful situations whilst in a controlled environment. If you snap in boot camp generally no one dies because of it.
Such a shame.

Well, nowadays you have to pass a psych screening to be able to make it to boot camp...and Private Powell would not have passed the screening ;)

Well, nowadays you have to pass a psych screening to be able to make it to boot camp...and Private Powell would not have passed the screening ;)

Keep in mind Full Metal Jacket had been a Vietnaum era film about marine training, to add it was forced conscription...

They yell at you to gauge how you react in stressful situations whilst in a controlled environment. If you snap in boot camp generally no one dies because of it.
Such a shame.

Try that after basic and technical training, and see how far you get...:rolleyes: I got in minor trouble for chewing somebody out just this past deployment. Seems that my language was too harsh, and their feelings got hurt. His supervisor decided to jump my shit, and I let him know the deal as well. First Sergeants eventually got involved, and I got some paperwork thrown at me that disappeared before I got home...Gotta love todays military.

BTW...turns out I was 100% correct in my assessment of the individual in question because he got the boot once he got back home.

Try that after basic and technical training, and see how far you get...:rolleyes: I got in minor trouble for chewing somebody out just this past deployment. Seems that my language was too harsh, and their feelings got hurt. His supervisor decided to jump my shit, and I let him know the deal as well. First Sergeants eventually got involved, and I got some paperwork thrown at me that disappeared before I got home...Gotta love todays military.

BTW...turns out I was 100% correct in my assessment of the individual in question because he got the boot once he got back home.

I never really had to yell at anyone...got yelled at a few times and deserved it.
I had to sit through many a sensitivity training and anger management classes though :rolleyes:

I never really had to yell at anyone...got yelled at a few times and deserved it.
I had to sit through many a sensitivity training and anger management classes though :rolleyes:

I've been through those, too...Changed the name of the course at least twice since I've been in...Started out as Social Actions, then moved to Leadership Skills, and now its part of the Equal Employment Opportunity office. I always give the carrot and stick approach, though. If they don't listen, I beat them with the stick. If they still don't listen, I shove the carrot up their ass...:devious:

Back