A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

MrBishop

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

-- Monty Python, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

So...any Python fans out there, and if so...which is your favorite Movie or skit?

The Life of Brian......all the way :D

JUDITH:
Your son is a born leader. Those people out there are following him because they believe in him, Mrs. Cohen. They believe he can give them hope-- hope of a new life, a new world, a better future!
MANDY:
Who's that?!
BRIAN:
Oh! That's... Judith, Mum. Judith. Mother. Hmm.
[smack]
Aaaah!
FOLLOWERS:
The Messiah! The Messiah!
MANDY:
Ooooh.
FOLLOWERS:
Show us the Messiah! The Messiah! The Messiah! Show us the Messiah!
MANDY:
Now, you listen here! He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! Now, go away!
FOLLOWERS:
Who are you?!
MANDY:
I'm his mother. That's who.
FOLLOWERS:
Behold His mother! Behold His mother! Hail to thee, mother of Brian! Blessed art thou, Hosanna! All praise to thee, now and always!
MANDY:
Ohhh, now, don't think you can get around me like that. He's not coming out, and that's my final word. Now, shove off!
FOLLOWERS:
No!
MANDY:
Did you hear what I said?
FOLLOWERS:
Yes!
MANDY:
Oh, I see. It-- it's like that, is it?
FOLLOWERS:
Yes!
MANDY:
Ohh. Oh, all right, then. You can see him for one minute, but not one second more. Do you understand?
FOLLOWERS:
Yes.
MANDY:
Promise?
FOLLOWERS:
Well, all right.
MANDY:
All right. Here he is, then. Come on, Brian. Come and talk to them.
BRIAN:
But, Mum. Judith.
MANDY:
Now, leave that Welsh tart alone.
BRIAN:
But I don't really want to, Mum.
FOLLOWERS:
Brian! Brian! Brian!...
BRIAN:
Good morning.

19_brian.jpg

"He's pining for the fjords " always makes me chuckle.

Favourite song

I'm a lumberjack
although if I could remember the words to the philosophers drinking song :shrug:

But there really are too many to pick just one skit.

When my computer shuts down, it shouts in a bad french accent, "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."

Once in high school, my best buddy was doing the silly walk... and he kicked my can of Dr Pepper right out of my hand! It's really funny now... but it wasn't back then. I'd only gotten to have a few sips.

markjs said:
The Quest for the Holy Grail is funniest comedy movie I have EVER seen.

but when you've seen it more than a dozen times, it tends to get a bit predictable :D

but still, the funniest scene..."come back here and FIGHT!" "what are you going to do, bleed on me?!" :lol:

Tonky...have the children step away from the rabbit slowly...I have the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch at my disposal :D

Betcha didn't know that you could buy one, eh?
thundermall_1792_8559757

Back