A thought about Julian Assange.

brought to you by bureaucracy.

That's because that's the Only way they could bring it, because that's the
way the politicians set it up. Greed. (regulate for kickbacks, and control)

Why do you think Howard Hughes was so paranoid acting?

Commercial space flight is coming, by that private billionaire dude.
Of coarse I'm sure he had to pay some off too.

Do you really think the gov. would let a private co. develop a weapon they
consider a real threat, without them controlling it?
Naturally they can't afford to, but the problem is, now they've carried that
mentality into non-threatening areas becasue....as already stated (greed/power)

LOL yeah that's the angle. maybe you should call some big defense contractors and suggest that they let the guys from the loading dock in sector 7-G design the next missile.

brought to you by bureaucracy.

topshotsmembersoftheo00.jpg

you do realize that every business in this country that is larger than, say, fourteen employees is a bureaucracy, right? i suppose you think they're all commie liberals too?

Spoken like someone truly justifying his own production value.

Do you actually produce anything or are you one who discusses production with other people who do a whole lotta thinking about "stuff"? -- I mean, are you a bureaucrat or a producer?

As if it can be stopped now. FCC will move to control anyway.

Do you actually produce anything or are you one who discusses production with other people who do a whole lotta thinking about "stuff"? -- I mean, are you a bureaucrat or a producer?

i produce plenty of things. what's your point? do you produce anything, or just talk to people about how to tie their own shoes?

Geez Mr. -- I was only pointing in that general direction.

I used to fuck with people heads for a living. I found that much of that game is often about creating bureaucracies of self justification. They indeed screw up as many consumers as they help.

Besides gas and little poops I used to produce homes and businesses. Now I produce video products.

I found that much of that game is often about creating bureaucracies of self justification.

that certainly does happen in a lot of places. it's more or less the cynic's definition of "management." but that is because of people, who will always find a way to adapt a situation to their advantage (well, except the stupid ones), not bureaucracy, which is an absolute concomitant of modern business; you can't build an airplane without task specialization and a "machine"-like organization where all the parts do different things. though, sometimes we do see 'pockets of freedom' (ha ha) in organizations that are incredibly productive e.g. the guys from china lake weapons lab that designed the sidewinder missile totally off the books.

BTW, what kind of video editing setup do you run?

Yeah, the mental health system is a sad place. In government work they don't want people to get better because it reduces funding for the next year. The private sector circles the insurance companies and government, as well creating new methods to justify their jobs. Everything seems to be guided by the politically correct. -- It funny that you can't simply tell the individual to "man-the-fuck-up" (which is exactly what is sometimes needed)

Sickening really.
BTW, what kind of video editing setup do you run?

I've been editing with SonyPro for the last 8 years and have those programs mastered. I've been working with the Adobe stuff for ~2 years now and I'm just getting good with it now. -- I need a better PC to be able to edit/render in real-time full resolution with the Adobe.

I'm working on a Intel Quad-core Nehalem right now.
  • Quad-core 6600
  • ASUS MoBo
  • 8gigs RAM
  • 5Terra of HDD
  • Nvidia 756meg GTS8800 v92
  • Dual 24 inch.
We really need a new rig but we scraping by with what we have. I was pricing a proper build and they run ~$5k right now. (and we really need x2 and then some)

nice muff!

we have one of those cameras too but no one wants to lug it around. we used to use the panasonic 3CCD cameras because they were small and decent in lousy light, but they've all died... not even sure what we're using now because i don't have much contact with the video equipment anymore... they are small and black.

it's funny but i have premiere set up on a machine at home, quad 3ghz (the generation after nehalem i think), 8GB, multiple hard drives, etc pretty much the same as yours and i don't have any issue rendering or editing in full DV...

We've got one CCD rig for when CMOS doesn;t make the shot. Most of what I edit now is more like a news broadcast layered with scripted graphics, PnP, text and some effects. Pretty tough on any CPU.

Traveling is job in itself. When we went to NOLA to film this year we had TWICE as much gear as we did personal luggage.

You should post some of your home movies.... ;)

I hear ya RM.
The law in this state is that only one party has to know about the recording.
Of coarse it's a little different if the police pull you over, I think.

I used it last time I voted. Just incase.
Nothing at all out of the ordinary though, so I deleted it.

The only 'rallies' I go to are local, because I can't travel far in my condition.
So no prob there.

they are small and black.
If they're Sony they maybe the CX12 or CX7 (we have both of those too).

We as a family travel with 1-2 cameras always, just because. I can't tell you how many times we have been mistaken for "PRESS" and found ourselves invited into venues we happened upon in our travels. Of course we work it when it happens.

Once in Santa Barbra my daughter each had a procam and we were asked to leave simply because the cameras made security nervous.

And yet on another occasion, with the camera, we encouraged a police officer to not tow our car. My wife aggressively interviewed the officer as the children cried and I told him we were going to make him famous. -- With the tow-truck already there he canceled the tow.

Back