A true Olympian

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This kid is outstanding in both athletics & in the spirit of competition.

ATHENS, Aug 20 (Reuters) -- Michael Phelps will not now feature in the final race of the Olympic swimming competition on Saturday but he could still get a record eighth medal at the Athens Games.

American Phelps, who won his fifth gold medal in the 100 metre butterfly on Friday, pulled out of the U.S. medley relay squad for Saturday's final to give team mate Ian Crocker the chance to swim.

19 years old & already a better man than most.

:Salute:

L_2003334224127.jpg

There was an earlier incident where Phelps replaced a swimmer and the relay failed to win gold anyway.

A learning experience that apparently left Hall seething. One of the greatest sprinters in American history didn't even show up at the pool after being told he would be left off the team that swam the evening final.

"It's disappointing he wasn't here," Phelps said.

Hall could not be reached for comment, but his agent, David Arluck, was clearly displeased that a three-time Olympian was left off the team at the expense of someone who had never swam on an Olympic relay team.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129053,00.html

without doubt he already showed his capabilities....and i'm pretty sure there's a lot more to come.
19 years...it's a bit dissapointing to see how far i've taken my sportive abilities so far :D

Leslie said:
I'd hit it

:bolt:
*tries to draw her eyes away from his navel...and fails miserably.

ain't it a testament to equal rights when this man can win all kinds of medals but us fine, upstanding women still look at him like a piece of meat? i love it!

Kudos to him for giving another a shot!!

Johnson-rings.jpg

As for bodies...ladies...imagine the possibilities. This guy can hang above you for long periods of time, without shaking. :D

MrBishop said:
Kudos to him for giving another a shot!!

Johnson-rings.jpg

As for bodies...ladies...imagine the possibilities. This guy can hang above you for long periods of time, without shaking. :D
hmmm...can i get one in brunette?

PuterTutor said:
Would he just pull his damn pants up PLEASE????????

I second the motion!

His britches is about to fall off. (much to Leslie's, tonks', and BoP's delight, no doubt :D )

Aside from that, the dude is indeed a class act. :cool:

Sssh! You're distracting me from imagining how far that shaved naval-thing goes. :p

*That's right folks, BoP isn't fantasising about those pant thingies. :eek: ;)

Oh, please. Guys, is you'd had that kind of body when you were 19, would you truly have pulled your pants up? Didn't think so.

Hell, I'd have stripped naked at every opportunity.

the one in the pic? I'd hit it. :bolt:

lol I didn't see it so I don't know what to say...the judges in those arenas are not always on point, and the article doesn't really say whether the 10th of a point was all that was needed to get into first? :confuse3:

Prof, he's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. His best recourse would be to literally hand the gold to the Korean. He knows he won & he would now be considered a true Olympain instaed of the guy who won with asterisks.

Back