abortion and the UN

stingray_sting

Now I have not started this thread to complain of the horrors of sucking little babies from their mommies tummies with vaccumes, no I have started it for a different reason. The UN has for several years put pressure on countries like Polland and the Phillipeans to give their citizens "reproductive rights". The European Union even at one time threatened that they would not allow Polland in unless they did. That alone pissed me off, but what really gets me is the UN wanted to plan a meating for the next wave of anti-life attacks and pushed it back till late in the year 2004. The reasononing: hoping that the present right wing government in the US will be out and a more genecide prone one will be in. makes me sick.

MitchSchaft

They want to impose their rules on us. I was speaking in more of a broad role of the UN, not just abortion. My bad...

freako104

either way its our country. mitch i agree with your statement on leaving us alone in general. however i feel america shall have that same respect and let other countries do as they please. the UN has no place in judging us and then changing our rules.

RD_151

MitchSchaft said:
Yet another reason why the UN is bad for the US. Leave our sovereignty alone!

Indeed, and the US should leave other sovereign nations sovereignty alone as well!!!

I don't think the EU is exactly forcing them to do this though. Entry into the EU is voluntary. If they don't want to meet the requirements, they don't need to join. Just another perspective on it is all!!! I'm not neither for or against this issue, I'm just saying, it has NOTHING to do with sovereignty in this case. Countries entering the EU are voluntarily giving up some of their NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY to join the EU. Thats the principle of it!!! Or am I missing something? Maybe this shouldnt' be an issue for membership, but membership is still optional.

The UN would be another matter though, clearly.