Actual beef...

So if what Gato says about the plane is true and the current plane is a 737, which has a range of 3,365 nautical miles.... using this site, I find out that a statute mile is about .87 nautical mile. Now, a google map from San Francisco to Washington (the distance is actually a bit different since SFO is south of the city and Washington's airport is out of town as well) shows the distance to be 2,817 miles... driving on roads, not as the bird flies in the air.

Since a nautical mile is longer than a statute mile, it's obvious the airplane's range is already greater than the flight distance. But doing the math, the distance is about 2,450.79 nautical miles, meaning the plane would have 914.21 nautical miles left in the tank to allow for flight diversions, unforeseen extra wind resistance, etc.

In other words, a 737 is sufficient for the task.

So if what Gato says about the plane is true and the current plane is a 737, which has a range of 3,365 nautical miles.... using this site, I find out that a statute mile is about .87 nautical mile. Now, a google map from San Francisco to Washington (the distance is actually a bit different since SFO is south of the city and Washington's airport is out of town as well) shows the distance to be 2,817 miles... driving on roads, not as the bird flies in the air.

Since a nautical mile is longer than a statute mile, it's obvious the airplane's range is already greater than the flight distance. But doing the math, the distance is about 2,450.79 nautical miles, meaning the plane would have 914.21 nautical miles left in the tank to allow for flight diversions, unforeseen extra wind resistance, etc.

Thats rather moot ,because she had nothing to do with asking for a plane.
But Snow on Thursday said the negotiations over Pelosi’s transport have been conducted solely by the House sergeant-at-arms and the Pentagon, with no direct involvement by the speaker or her office — or the White House.

Thats rather moot ,because she had nothing to do with asking for a plane.

But Snow on Thursday said the negotiations over Pelosi’s transport have been conducted solely by the House sergeant-at-arms and the Pentagon, with no direct involvement by the speaker or her office — or the White House.

Didn't think you were allowed to question your superiors Gato.:eek3:

If you read(reed) the Pentagon response to Pelosi http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/02/08/dod_pelosi_letter.pdf it refers to what ever is available

Cheney may have been using it at the time Pelosi needed a plane.

That was not what it says. It says that her aircraft would be limited in size from 10 to 20 passengers. That means no Air Force 2. In fact, the perfect aircraft for her would be a C-20. That is not what her office requested, hence the derision from the Reps in the House...

Add to it that John Murtha has gotten involved. He is threatening Air Force funding if they don't go along with the Speakers request. Good to see the Demoncrats have cleaned up Washington & brought ethics back into the mix :rolleyes:

That is not what her office requested,
if they don't go along with the Speakers request.

Once again
transport have been conducted solely by the House sergeant-at-arms and the Pentagon, with no direct involvement by the speaker or her office

Blame the sergeant-at-arms fo asking for it or the Pentagon for offering what they had.

Once again

Blame the sergeant-at-arms fo asking for it or the Pentagon for offering what they had.

Okay...

1. Who said the request came only from the Sergeant-at-arms?
2. Why was what the Pentagon offered deemed insufficient?

Ding Ding..round two

WASHINGTON -- Democrat Nancy Pelosi received some rare help Thursday from the White House against a barrage of Republican criticism over how the new House speaker intends to get back home.
For security reasons, Pelosi is entitled to fly to her San Francisco district on military planes.

The House sergeant-at-arms, who helps oversee security for the House, suggested that flying nonstop would be the safest way home for Pelosi, next after the vice president in the line of presidential succession.

Republicans, led by aggressive junior lawmakers, seized on the most extreme possibility: Pelosi's flying on the military equivalent of a Boeing 757 with the latest in travel comforts. Too expensive, some critics said. Too polluting, others said.
Too much ado about nothing, the White House weighed in.

"I have never asked for any larger plane," Pelosi said. "I have said that I am happy to ride commercial if the plane they have doesn't go coast to coast."

http://www.nbc4.tv/politics/10966842/detail.html

Okay...

1. Who said the request came only from the Sergeant-at-arms?

The Sergeant-at-arms
WASHINGTON - The Air Force transport plane decried by Republicans as an extravagance for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was requested by the House sergeant-at-arms as a matter of security, he said Thursday.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17035721/

2. Why was what the Pentagon offered deemed insufficient?

Who said it was?and the only offer I saw was they would offer whats available,does this mean she'd be on a plane that was going to California already?

Geez, AB. She's defined by republicans as a liberal and therefore eeeeevvvviiiiiiillllllll. :lloyd:

Geez, AB. She's defined by republicans as a liberal and therefore eeeeevvvviiiiiiillllllll. :lloyd:

Not quite the point I was making. It's because she's from San Fran that I don't like her, not because she's a liberal. Its also because of Murtha that I don't like her. I have a very thin skin when it comes to hypocrisy. She's already shown two instances and she hasn't even been speaker a whole month. Just look at her replies for any more details...

It's because she's from San Fran that I don't like her, not because she's a liberal. Its also because of Murtha that I don't like her.

Well as long as you have some sort of rational reason. :rolleyes:

Yay bigotry.

Back