Ad-Aware

unclehobart

I've been running Adaware 5.0 for the better part of the last year. Its been great at shaking loose all of those spyware bombs. A weekly scan would shake 20-25 naughty files and cookies loose. I just noticed that the latest edition of FREE adaware goes to 5.83 and comes with a file updater function. I d/l it, updated, and ran it. It found 5 folders, 27 registry keys, and 85 cookies... mother of god! I urge you to get it. Its free and helps keep the scum at bay.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/collection/0,collid,1221,00.asp

adaware 5.83 is right at the top of the list.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Had it for a while. Besides Go!Zilla, it only finds the fake Cydoor stuff on my puter.

I thought Go!Zilla full didn't have spyware :(

unclehobart

Get the 5.83 version and then the 2.1 updater. You won't believe what is spyware these days. I had 15 folders alone for brilliant digital... bastards.

unclehobart

Its not directly on PC Worlds site. Open up adaware itself and click on the little link that takes you directly to their website. I'll try and hunt up a direct link for it.

...btw.. it only works for the 5.8+ series.

Aunty Em

Yes it's great for keeping nosey so-and-sos out of your comp. I've been using it for about 18 months myself.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Luis G said:
have you ever thought that ad-aware might be spyware itself ;) D
The very thought has crossed my mind. I also wonder if Nortons isn't a virus sometimes too.