Adventures in Rural Quebec

tonksy

very cute....but why on earth would you tell a guy you were on birth control when you weren't? :confused: does this happen? who would be that dumb?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
very cute....but why on earth would you tell a guy you were on birth control when you weren't? :confused: does this happen? who would be that dumb?

Chicks who want to trap the guy?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
trap? like what? do you mean marriage? that's pretty fucking stupid....

Marriage...sometimes just commitment...I never said it was SMART...just that it happens :lloyd:

Oz

tonksy said:
trap? like what? do you mean marriage? that's pretty fucking stupid....

A couple of years ago it was pretty shocking over here....

The Council gave single mothers priority over house allocation (state provided housing that is, nothing flash).........they continued this policy (which looked very good and considerate on paper) for a few years, until they realised that the amount of young single mothers was growing way out of proportion....and they were by far their biggest tenents.

Of course, I'm not saying that all the lasses got themselves up the duff deliberatly but there is certainly a lot of correllation between the statistics of before, during and after the council carried out that policy to suggest a few may have.

I guess some will do anything to secure accomodation :shrug:

tonksy

okay...so some chicks would trade 18 years of commitment for an apartment or a man that isn't guaranteed to stick around that long? that's just :tardbang:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yup, some girls think that they can't live without the guy...that they need him...and they think if they have a baby he'll stay with them if for nothing else then for the baby...

tonksy

Nixy said:
Yup, some girls think that they can't live without the guy...that they need him...and they think if they have a baby he'll stay with them if for nothing else then for the baby...
oh yeah...cuz there isn't a ton of unwed teenage mothers out there to learn that lesson from...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Nixy said:

What about the ones who think that they'll never need the guy, and just want the baby? It happens, and that, too, is wrong. It's still abusing the system, and using a member of the opposite sex for personal gain. ;)

HomeLAN

HomeLAN said:
Sweet. There are still a few places somewhat like that in rural GA, but they're getting few and far between.

Next time I go up to Mom's place or to Karen's uncle's farm, I need to remember the camera.

I still haven't done this. I need to take the bloody thing next time, especially as spring is around the corner.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
tonksy said:

A friend of ours told a guy that she couldn't get pregnant after he repeatedly and adamantly told her he did NOT want kids. Now she's pregnant.

Doesn't excuse him from not wearing a rubber, but I still consider it entrapment to a degree.