Age differences in a relationship

Oz said:
Well yeah....o' course it's a matter o' taste. Hell, I know plenty of guys in their 40's and 50' who chase 19-25 yr olds around :D

Strangly enough........maturity and age certainly don't go hand in hand (can't imagine meself with anyone who acted sensibly all the time) ....... but experience certainly does, not just sexual experience either :swing:

Interestingly.....nearly all the blokes on here seem to be with older women......be interesting to see how it fares out later in the week when more have replied.

Well, don't know yer outside of this internetty malarky hun.......so I'll have to take yer word for it :D But in my experience........oldies are the goodies ;)

:blush: babe, it wasn't meant as a come-on! I was just pointing out that sexual majurity (among other things) doesn't rely on one's age, but rather who are with & how comfortable you are with yourself.

But like I said, it's all personal preferences, hell I rarely date guys who are less than 4 - 5 years older than me, simply because they are mostly settled in their careers etc & driven to achieve results from themselves & for themselves. Of course there have been exceptions (hell, the guy I've started with now is a year younger than me, but has all the qualities that have historically drawn me to older guys).

And.....ahem............I have known plenty of younger people with much more sexual experience than some of their older counterparts - I guess in a way it's a testament to the times that people are getting younger & younger with sexual experiences. But as far as other experience goes (life experience, which is essentially more important), yeah the older guys & girls are deffo ahead of the pack. Of course it does differ from individual to individual.

But then I've had guys in my life ranging from 7 years younger than me to 10 years older, I wouldn't necessarily say the older ones were better in bed, but as far as relationships went they were at an advantage because they were more secure & knew what they wanted as well, rather than just me dictating the terms of the relationship.

AlphaTroll said:
:blush: babe, it wasn't meant as a come-on! I was just pointing out that sexual majurity (among other things) doesn't rely on one's age, but rather who are with & how comfortable you are with yourself.

lol.......I didn't think it was :D

Yup.......feeling secure and comfortable with anyone (regardless of age I suppose) is no.1 priority in a relationship. I wonder how much correlation there is to the age difference and what folks find in an ideal partner?

Oh well......if I were still studying psychology I might have had the patience to do some research......but for now this thread will have to do :D

Oz said:
lol.......I didn't think it was :D

Yup.......feeling secure and comfortable with anyone (regardless of age I suppose) is no.1 priority in a relationship. I wonder how much correlation there is to the age difference and what folks find in an ideal partner?

Oh well......if I were still studying psychology I might have had the patience to do some research......but for now this thread will have to do :D

:lol: sweetheart, I reckon the lot of us are a shrink's dream come true....or worst nightmare ;)

I just find it interesting that society seems to accept an older man/younger woman couple easier than the other way around. Never quite figured out why that is, after all being in a relationship (for the most part) is a personal thing & thank ye heavens we don't all have the same tastes eh?

AlphaTroll said:
I just find it interesting that society seems to accept an older man/younger woman couple easier than the other way around. Never quite figured out why that is, after all being in a relationship (for the most part) is a personal thing & thank ye heavens we don't all have the same tastes eh?

Oh man.....yer don't have to tell me about that......the amount of strange looks jill and i used to get in shops and pubs was no-ones business..........luckily neither of us gave a flying fuck wot anyone thought :D

Well, I have to admit, I did feel kinda strange going out to pubs etc. with an 18-year-old.... people kinda assumed he was my brother (nevermind the fact that he was my brother's age) - I guess in the end it just felt wrong for me to be dating him, but then he's immaturity, though 'cute' at first (and a novelty for me) became too much & grated my last nerve to the bone.

Good one ye for not fiving a toot babe, but then I suppose there's a vast difference between 37 going out with 30 & 24 going out with 18 eh? :eh:

it all depends on the person i guess. i'm 21, gf is 17...only 4 years, but she's just as mature as i am.

Shadowfax said:
it all depends on the person i guess. i'm 21, gf is 17...only 4 years, but she's just as mature as i am.

and yet you want to argue with me as though you know something. Hell son, you're no more advanced than a 17 yo girl :lol:

Gonz said:
and yet you want to argue with me as though you know something. Hell son, you're no more advanced than a 17 yo girl :lol:

that's the problem: you think you know it all, hence it is impossible to argue with you in the first place...in your mind you're always right :p

I am always right. The sooner you understand that the easier things will be :headbang:

Shadowfax, have you not yet learnt? Gonz is allmighty, allknowing.............and generally suffering from an overdose of 'Told you So' syndrome......best not to argue, just do like the rest of us - tilt your head to the right, raise eyebrows in feigned interest, nod, smile in mock approval & let him live happily in Delusionville - it makes those rare moments when he sees the error in his ways (and publicly admits to them) so much more enjoyable ;)

Bovendien is hij oud, hij zal rondom veel langer niet zijn ;)

My first wife was 6 years older than me. I don't think the age difference was the problem though, she was just a bitch.

My current wife is 1 year older than me and seems both years older and wiser at times, and years younger and innocent at others.

AlphaTroll said:
Shadowfax, have you not yet learnt? Gonz is allmighty, allknowing.............and generally suffering from an overdose of 'Told you So' syndrome......best not to argue, just do like the rest of us - tilt your head to the right, raise eyebrows in feigned interest, nod, smile in mock approval & let him live happily in Delusionville - it makes those rare moments when he sees the error in his ways (and publicly admits to them) so much more enjoyable ;)

Bovendien is hij oud, hij zal rondom veel langer niet zijn ;)

love those south africans :D

but i know you're right...! at least we know better ;)

My current comfort level is ~10 older and ~10 younger. ...but it all really comes down to compatibility. If you click with each other, if you laugh, if you hold hands and look at each other with the lust of teens... then it can be the full spread of 18y/o-60y/o for all I care.

freako104 said:
oh and remember this: women mature faster than men do :D

*Cough :bs:

Ok, maybe between the ages of 12 and 16. After that, it's a free for all.

U know maturity level IMHO depends more on upbringing than anything else! I mean you can have someone who was givin everything in their lives and pulled out of several jams without any effort on their own behalf and whether they are 5 yo or 50 yo they still act like children! :D

I know I had a point but it eludes me once again! :nerd:

Back