Al Gore III

Silly Gato. It's all because of global warming. Daddy just limbered up the ol' wallet and bought a few dozen spare carbon footprints for that kickin' Hybrid so 3.0 might have some remote chance of attracting a chickie better lookin than Mamma. Like that'd be hard to do. Damn what a heiffer.

Well now, technically when you first dropped it from the shuttle it'd already be going 17,580... :lloyd:

The Prius would be going 0 miles per hour, relatively speaking. The shuttle would be going 17,580. :p

Well now, technically Everything would burn up immediately when the doors opened, at re-entry.:nerd:
If they could open?:shrug:

Thats the funny thing about this all. A fomer VP's kid... the son of a very prominent man in the news today got arrested for some very serious crimes and the only thing that anyone can express astonishment over is a Prius supposedly hitting 3 digits of speed.

It was my first thought as well.

Thats the funny thing about this all. A fomer VP's kid... the son of a very prominent man in the news today got arrested for some very serious crimes and the only thing that anyone can express astonishment over is a Prius supposedly hitting 3 digits of speed.

It was my first thought as well.

My first thought was the same as when Paris got out the first time.
Money can buy most anything, people included.

It seems more and more that the laws change for some people. (or are just not enforced)
Even as far back as Kennedy, and probably before that.
SOME traditions do need to change it seems.

Seriously, though, the Prius does 0-60 in about 10 seconds. Not a world-beater but that's only 0.7 seconds slower to 60 than a 1996 Mazda B4000 4x4. It's also a highly aerodynamic design, which makes high speeds easier to achieve.

I've been driving 70-75 on the freeway lately and get passed by Priuses pretty often. I can't help but wonder what kind of mileage a Prius gets at 80 mph.

The Prius would be going 0 miles per hour, relatively speaking. The shuttle would be going 17,580. :p
'Fraid not. In fact it would be in orbit next to the shuttle and travelling at the very same speed as compared with the earth's surface (how we generally measure speed, even of cars) or perhaps a bit more or less depending on which way you shoved it out. You would have slow the Prius down a bit in order to get it to actually "fall" at which point it would begin to accelerate again (no retro-rockets after all) until it hit the atmosphere.

But in order to get the Prius out, the shuttle would have to be upside-down...:nerd:
The shuttle typically flies "upside-down" when in orbit unless a different configuration is required for a specific reason. Being in free fall though, "up" and "down would have no real meaning to the shuttle or the Prius. You could shove it out regardless of the shuttle's attitude in relation to the earth.

:nerd:

OK pedantic man!

Will the Prius 'fit' in the shuttle cargo bay?

I've walked thru the shuttle, it should...

'Fraid not. In fact it would be in orbit next to the shuttle and travelling at the very same speed as compared with the earth's surface (how we generally measure speed, even of cars) or perhaps a bit more or less depending on which way you shoved it out. You would have slow the Prius down a bit in order to get it to actually "fall" at which point it would begin to accelerate again (no retro-rockets after all) until it hit the atmosphere.

The shuttle typically flies "upside-down" when in orbit unless a different configuration is required for a specific reason. Being in free fall though, "up" and "down would have no real meaning to the shuttle or the Prius. You could shove it out regardless of the shuttle's attitude in relation to the earth.

yeah, it's all relative.:p

Well then lets make sure junior is in the car when we shove it out then?

Algore junior should get a lengthy jail sentence.

If you review what he's been charged with...

Prolly nevah do a single day.

Back