All his fault?

Misled Public About Global Warming

Sure they did. Why is anyone surprised? Politics as usual. Just as the alarmists overstate the problem, the administration and it's cronies pretend it doesn't exist. The facts, as always, lay somewhere in between.

I mean damn, the man is down, but you can't tack every problem in the world on him.
:confused:

That's what presidents are good for. Personally I think being a deputy or senator is far better, they actually have more power than a president, live with less problems and no one bitches about them.

I mean damn, the man is down, but you can't tack every problem in the world on him.
:confused:

friggin global warmin' Pssh*handonhip

This isn't about tacking global warming on him. This is about intentionally misleading the public.

claims by scientists that their findings at times at been misrepresented, that they had been pressured to change findings and had been restricted on what they were allowed to say publicly

have sought documents from the administration on climate policy but repeatedly been rebuffed.

"The committee isn't trying to obtain state secrets or documents that could affect our immediate national security," said Waxman, opening the hearing. "We are simply seeking answers to whether the White House's political staff is inappropriately censoring impartial government scientists."

If they have nothing to hide then why aren't they handing over the documents?

Take one 6 billion year old rock. Add atmosphere & humans. Shake well. Blame GW Bush for the inevitable outcome.

How did the ice ages of the past melt without Escalades?

Mother Nature has always been, currently is, and always will be a better steward of this planet than man could ever dream of being.

So, if that had something to do with intentionally misleading the public it might be somewhat interesting.

This isn't about tacking global warming on him. This is about intentionally misleading the public.

If they have nothing to hide then why aren't they handing over the documents?

How can you mislead on this when even the scientists are at odds?

I have no Idea what is in those documents, so I couldn't say why they won't turn
them over.
You want to forever take away the power to classify stuff? (can't have it both ways)

Mother Nature has always been, currently is, and always will be a better steward of this planet than man could ever dream of being.

*MrBishop waits patiently for Mother Nature to go commando on OPEC's ass for that last oil spill.

The planet ain't going nowhere...but I'd like my clean drinking water, fresh smog-less air, un-mutated meat and the nice feeling of walking in a forest and hearing leaves crunch under my feet instead of Doritos bags.

How can you mislead on this when even the scientists are at odds?

Let them say what they want to say.

claims by scientists that their findings at times at been misrepresented, that they had been pressured to change findings and had been restricted on what they were allowed to say publicly

I have no Idea what is in those documents, so I couldn't say why they won't turn
them over.
You want to forever take away the power to classify stuff?

These documents aren't security issues. If my government is lying to me I want to know about it. If they have nothing to hide then release the papers.

I don't want to take away the power to classify security matters I want to take away the power to classify lies to the public.

Let them say what they want to say.

:laugh:
You just contradicted yourself.

These documents aren't security issues. If my government is lying to me I want to know about it. If they have nothing to hide then release the papers.

I don't want to take away the power to classify security matters I want to take away the power to classify lies to the public.

You have no way of knowing if there are security issues.
Who said they had nothing to hide.
(doesn't mean it's right or wrong, although there is that possibility)

Just seems a BS topic to rag the the man about. It doesn't make a hill of beans either way.

If my government is lying to me I want to know about it.

Your government is lying to you. Federal, state, county, city, and all other levels. Always has, always will. Come to grips with it, pull up your big girl panties, and move on. Everyone knows this except you apparently. Your government lies to you, Matt Lauer lies to you, your best friends lie to you, your family lies to you...it's your job to weed through it and make the best life you can from it. Or whine and bitch ceaselessly about one man. Matters not to me.

:hmm: That would require a modicum of, dare-I-say, RESPONSIBILITY, on the account of the elected. Once in office, they couldn't care one whit to what you want until the next election cycle...and then the false promises start all over again.

The biggest/only difference between Reps and Dems is that when Reps get caught with dirt they resign. Dems get re-elected...

Back