Allah save the Queen

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A British airline banned its staff from taking Bibles and wearing crucifixes or St. Christopher medals on flights to Saudi Arabia to avoid offending the country's Muslims.

British Midland International also has told female flight attendants they must walk two paces behind male colleagues and cover themselves from head to foot in a headscarf and robe known as an abaya, the Mirror newspaper of London reported.
WND

It's okay to offend Christians but not Muslims?

I can't help but think that the world would be a better place if more folks would adopt my "fuck 'em and feed 'em beans" attitude. Smellier, but better overall.

I have never, ever seen it written down anywhere that anyone at all has any kind of right to not be offended. Don't much care either.

chcr said:
I have never, ever seen it written down anywhere that anyone at all has any kind of right to not be offended. Don't much care either.

Does the bitching from those who are offended count?

it's about $$$

you want to open a McDonalds in a muslim country you make it halal, you want to open a starbucks in israel you don't serve white hot chocolate (their only thing that cannot be made kosher) you want to fly from and too saudi arabia you impose a dress code. It has nothing to do with beleifs, it's business, if they are covered up, more muslims will use the airline, means more money.

flavio said:
People offend Muslims all the time. Can't believe you've missed it.

People offend people all the time, regardless of religious orientation, race or whatever other PC category is stated in any given constitution.

Can't we just all get along???

Yeah, if we spent more time fucking, and less time offending some stupid sod's religion, the world would be a better place.

*This plan reminds me of a South Park episode I once sa...except the men were all fucking each other in a pile - had something to do with a timeportal that had opened and their future selves were putting their current selves out of work...only way to prevent it was to engage in homosexuality to ensure there would be no future selves*

AlphaTroll said:
People offend people all the time, regardless of religious orientation, race or whatever other PC category is stated in any given constitution.

Can't we just all get along???

I frequently make it a special effort to offend people. Especially if they piss me off. I have an enormous capacity to be offensive. :D

chcr said:
I frequently make it a special effort to offend people. Especially if they piss me off. I have an enormous capacity to be offensive. :D

I really should look into that post Natalie made about new laws re annoying people on the net....damned if I could be bothered though - basically comes down to the idea that, if you were annoyed by someone you are now lawfully entitled to get all their particulars and the sue them.

So I suppose I am trying to make a point...must be summin 'bout not losing out on the money-making possibilities of being pissed off by someone :D

AlphaTroll said:
I really should look into that post Natalie made about new laws re annoying people on the net....damned if I could be bothered though - basically comes down to the idea that, if you were annoyed by someone you are now lawfully entitled to get all their particulars and the sue them.

So I suppose I am trying to make a point...must be summin 'bout not losing out on the money-making possibilities of being pissed off by someone :D
As I replied to that thread, the name is Bob. Yeah, that's it, Bob Awnnitt. :brush:

Back