Allah save the Queen

Professur said:
But Muslims don't obesrve similar limitations when entering "christian countries".

The fact is 'Christian' countries have laws against
discriminating in opposition to Mooseys when they come here
dressed like a bunch of primitive wandering nomads straight outta the desert!

Professur said:
Flav, ... let's try and simplify this for everyone. Argue me this.

These people (flight attendants, pilots, etc) are being ordered to wear muslim garb and obesrve muslim rules, and to generally not represent themselves by their own culture or religion while in "Muslim countries". That's how I'm reading the story.

But Muslims don't obesrve similar limitations when entering "christian countries".

Now the standard arguement is that case is that "it's against muslim law for them to not appear muslim. By their laws, they must do this, that and the other. Christians don't have any laws saying that they can't wear abayas or go without their crosses and St-Christopers"

So where does that leave us?
I suppose that situation would leave us in a situation where a company is trying to cater to their clientele.

flavio said:
I suppose that situation would leave us in a situation where a company is trying to cater to their clientele.

But their not. These instructions (read orders) are for while they're on the ground too.

The airline's staff handbook says: "Prior to disembarking the aircraft all female crew will be required to put on their company issued abaya. It will be issued with the headscarf which must be worn."

The employees' union wants staff members to be able to opt out of the flights, but the airline says the only option is to transfer from overseas staff to domestic flights, which could mean a loss of about $30,000 a year in wages.

Back