americans & their pizza

kuulani

is it a testament to americans and frozen pizza that my mom's new fridge has a slot labeled "pizza slot" in her new fridge?

i promise, it's right there in her freezer ... it says "pizza slot" :alienhuh:

chcr

Too cute for words
Pizza is ordered from or eaten at a pizzaria (excepting those rare individuals that can make it from scratch). All else is merely "pizza-ish food product."

Liliandra

chcr said:
Pizza is ordered from or eaten at a pizzaria (excepting those rare individuals that can make it from scratch). All else is merely "pizza-ish food product."

exactly....

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
chcr said:

mmmmmm McCain cheese pizza-ish food product...I want some now...we have no more...I am a fiend for anything pizza or pizza-ish

Liliandra

this does remind me that I have pizza in my freezer though... may have food (ish) for the rest of the week after all

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
When I was taking the chemo, I went through a lot of food symptoms. I craved certain things (fish, spaghetti sauce, and barbecue were the most frequent), lost my taste for others (onions, sausage, and many others), and could only tolerate certain things at certain times. I love pizza, and except for olives and anchovies, can eat pert'near anything on one. But while I was on chemo, frozen cheese pizzas was one thing I ate a lot of. I have no idea why I craved them, but I did.

Now, if I eat a frozen pizza, it has to be Red Baron or Dining In brand. No others. I have no idea what the difference is.

TexasRaceLady

The only really good pizza, is a fresh-made, white pizza with the works --- well, not the little salty fishes(yuck).

Freshetta makes a fair decent rising crust pizza, though.

Lopan

I would only be concerned if my freezer had a section labelled "Dismembered body parts".

Thin base stonecooked pizzas rock, little fishies don't.

Mare

If I eat any type of frozen pizza it has to "Ellio's", and noone down here sells that brand, back north they did....Oh - how I miss certain things,especially that!

chcr

Too cute for words
TexasRaceLady said:
The only really good pizza, is a fresh-made, white pizza with the works --- well, not the little salty fishes(yuck).

Freshetta makes a fair decent rising crust pizza, though.

May I recommend...
TITLE: No Anchovies Please
ARTIST: J. Geils Band
Lyrics:

This is the story of a young couple in Portland, Maine.

While waiting for her husband Don to return home from work, she reaches for a can of anchovies. As she spreads the tiny fish across a piece of lettuce, she notices a small note at the bottom of the can. Written on it is a telephone number. Curious, she dials, and is told, "Don't move, lady, we'll be right over." Placing the phone back on the hook, she turns to see three smartly dressed men standing in her kitchen doorway. Before she realizes what is happening to her, she is rolled tightly in long sheets of cellophane, transported to an international airport, and placed on a waiting jet-liner. All this being too much for her to comprehend, she passes out.

Upon awakening, she finds herself in a strange, foreign speaking nation ("Dalas nekcihc dna tihs nekcihc neewteb ecnereffid eht wonk ot suineg a ekat t'nseod ti."). Alone, fearing her escape impossible, she seeks comfort in the arms of a confidential agent. With the trace of her kiss still warm upon his lips, he betrays her to the hands of three scientists who are engaged in diabolical, avant-garde experiments previously performed only on insects and other small, meaningless creatures. Using her as their subject, they are delighted with the results. For the first time, a human being is transformed into a ("shhh... it's secret").

Meanwhile, back in Portland, Maine...

Her husband Don, now chain-smoking 40 packs of cigarettes a day, sits at a local bar and has a few beers with the regulars. Bored, everyone's attention turns to the television set that just hangs from the wall. ("Welcome to Bowling for Dollars"). Suddenly, crazy Al says, "S-say, Don, there sure is something familiar about that bowling ball." To which a terrified Don replies, "Oh my God! That bowling ball! It's my wife!"

And the lesson we learn from this story is, next time you place your order, don't forget to say, "No anchovies please."
;)

nalani

chcr said:

For the record, nobody - and i mean NOBODY - makes pizza like Rob ...

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
May I extend to you the SnP Standing Offer for Displaced yankees then? :lol2:

And given that you'll take all their money off them at the door, that would make them poor SODs, wouldn't it?

Liliandra

given the money, I'd like to do my own pizza, they're just better.... but as long as it's cheaper and at least decent, frosty will do