americans & their pizza

Professur

Inkara1 said:
It definitely was good pizza. :cheers:

It's a shame it kept him in the kitchen for the entire day.

Oh, on a sidebar, I finally found Phase 10 here. V2.0's now nagging constantly to play. Much more, and I may be without again soon.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Professur said:
And given that you'll take all their money off them at the door, that would make them poor SODs, wouldn't it?

Not at all. I wouldn't want them to run of money and be stranded down here. Defeats the purpose. Besides, there are some things money just can't buy.

unclehobart

nalani said:
For the record, nobody - and i mean NOBODY - makes pizza like Rob ...
After 100 more experiments, its has been perfected all the more. It's three times better than what I served up out there.

kuulani

unclehobart said:
After 100 more experiments, its has been perfected all the more. It's three times better than what I served up out there.

oh double crap. why did you have to add salt to the wound :p

Stop Laughing

If only you were stateside...

Add another cheer for Rob's pizza, he could very easily thrive in this market with great pizza like that. :)

I thought of all of you yesterday when I went into work and saw one of my next big projects, the toy department, and we're gonna carry Phase 10 from now on, too.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
It's a shame it kept him in the kitchen for the entire day.

Oh, on a sidebar, I finally found Phase 10 here. V2.0's now nagging constantly to play. Much more, and I may be without again soon.

My family's been playing Phase 10 for years...and Skipbo and I don't remember what else...

Stop Laughing

Skipbo's discontinued, basically being replaced by Phase 10, I'll be able to buy it for under a dollar (our clearances are aggressive, 75% off, and I mark about 2/3 of that stuff down myself) after I get to the toy reset if I want.

Thinking back to some other card games, anyone else play Mille Bornes? I haven't seen that in years.

Starya

This be the most popular frozen pizza in Norway:

GrandiosaXartikkel.jpg

Nothing grand about it, really. I like it. *shameful*

I prefer my own homemade pizza though.

Say, just from curiosity, what does it cost to order home a pizza over there?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Starya said:
This be the most popular frozen pizza in Norway:

GrandiosaXartikkel.jpg

Nothing grand about it, really. I like it. *shameful*

I prefer my own homemade pizza though.

Say, just from curiosity, what does it cost to order home a pizza over there?

It varies between Pizza places. Domino's has a 3 one-topping medium pizzas for $5.00 each deal, but you have to order 3. One medium one-topping will cost $6.95. It goes up from there...

unclehobart

Real pizza costs at least $15 from one of the independent stores. My homemade pizzas end up costing about the same considering that I put a godly amount of toppings instead of just a 'dusting' like the major chains do.

HomeLAN

Stop Laughing said:
Skipbo's discontinued, basically being replaced by Phase 10, I'll be able to buy it for under a dollar (our clearances are aggressive, 75% off, and I mark about 2/3 of that stuff down myself) after I get to the toy reset if I want.

Thinking back to some other card games, anyone else play Mille Bornes? I haven't seen that in years.

Yeah, I think I still have a Mille Bornes set in the card drawer. After y'all left, I dug out our phase 10 set as well, and found a card game called Guillotine that we hadn't payed in years.

BeardofPants

Yep, costs about $15 - $20NZ for pizza here, regardless of whether it's pizza hut, or gourmet. :retard:
My homemade pizzas are way cheaper, but I'm a minimalist anyway - homemade tomato paste, olives, tomatoes, basil, and buffalo mozzarella.... with lotsa pepper. :headbang:

Starya

Ooh, the NZ$ was even cheaper!

$20 = 128 NOK

$20 (NZ) = 90 NOK

90 kr for a decent pizza? Hot damn!

(That frozen pizza up there costs a little over $4 for comparison..)