An 11 year old?

Inkara1

ekahs retsam said:
It is not just public schools private schools have a much worse track record with molestation.
Not every private school is taught by Catholic priests.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If your values are not strong enough to hold up against public education than what does that say about your values?

Well I'll be goddamned. It IS possible for me to be truly offended.

Have you seen what our publik educashion sistem fails to teach our children? Have you seen the indocrination our public education system forces down our childrens throat? Students are being forced out for speaking their thoughts because they don't agree with the agenda. Teachers are being forced out of the unions for being too good attheir job. School systems are forbidding God to be spoken of but they teach 6th grade girls how to put condoms on.

Fuck out publkic education system. It's broken & we aren't allowed to fix it.

My values are 100% family driven. We've placed the well being of our family above the modern day drivel of acquisition & instant grastification. That includes not allowing our child to fall thru the cookie cutter mold of liberalism & indoctrination. If you allow your child to attend public schools, I offer my deepest sympathies & wish you well.

nalani

Ummm... guys? *points at me and ku'u* ... we're a couple of those dreaded public school teachers that work for public education .. and since you feel the need to generalize about us, this post will also be generalized

We're not perfect but we don't have sex with our students.

Our students don't all get straight A's but we work hard to make sure that they have every opportunity to attain their goals, whatever they may be. We schedule meetings with parents and come in early to meet with you or stay late because of your work schedule, only to sit around and stare at the clock because you "forgot". We spend more time with these kids than most of their parents do - and probably know them better. We write curriculum and lesson plans in advance and talk to other teachers to make sure we're on the right track. We stay up late and correct papers. And we do this all while raising our own families.

Why did I become a teacher? Because I come from a family that values education; a family of teachers. Because I wanted more for my children and their children. Not allowed to fix it? I disagree. Maybe you can't fix the entire public school system but you can start with the one down your street. Step up. And give us teachers - the ones who don't have sex with their students and actually give a rip - a break.

As far as that ugly ass teacher goes, she seriously deserves the chair. She offends me as a collegue and as a parent.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
nalani said:
Ummm... guys? *points at me and ku'u* ... we're a couple of those dreaded public school teachers that work for public education .. and since you feel the need to generalize about us, this post will also be generalized

We're not perfect but we don't have sex with our students.

Our students don't all get straight A's but we work hard to make sure that they have every opportunity to attain their goals, whatever they may be. We schedule meetings with parents and come in early to meet with you or stay late because of your work schedule, only to sit around and stare at the clock because you "forgot". We spend more time with these kids than most of their parents do - and probably know them better. We write curriculum and lesson plans in advance and talk to other teachers to make sure we're on the right track. We stay up late and correct papers. And we do this all while raising our own families.

Why did I become a teacher? Because I come from a family that values education; a family of teachers. Because I wanted more for my children and their children. Not allowed to fix it? I disagree. Maybe you can't fix the entire public school system but you can start with the one down your street. Step up. And give us teachers - the ones who don't have sex with their students and actually give a rip - a break.

That's a breath of fresh air. As long as you still care, you'll do great. Once you start to lose that...

Na said:
As far as that ugly ass teacher goes, she seriously deserves the chair. She offends me as a collegue and as a parent.

Looks like she already had the chair...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
You watch too much South Park. It might suprise you to know that home school kids go out and play after school with the neighbourhood kids in the park. They join their local baseball, football and soccer leagues. They go camping with their local scout troop, and get laid down by the creek. The only environment they're not exposed to is Gov't programmed teaching curiculums.

That all depends WHY they're homeschooled. I can see how what ekahs retsam could be true in regard to kids who are homeschooled because their parents want to coddle and shelter them...I've also seen it happen to kids who went to public school but still led a sheltered life but imagine it would be worse in sheltered homeschool kids because it's possible for them to be exposed to way less. With that said, the homeschooled kids who DO interact with other kids, join clubs and teams, etc are a whole different story. I wouldn't think they would be any more likely to go crazy with freedom than a public school kid who was raised unsheltered aswell.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
nalani said:
Ummm... guys? *points at me and ku'u* ... we're a couple of those dreaded public school teachers that work for public education

Are you also active members of the teachers union? Are you showing 12 year old how to fellate? Do you actively dismiss all forms of deity but preach druidism? Do you think that WW2 is sufficiently summed up in 50% of a page of a text book & that WW1 beinng alotted one paragraph is teaching? Do you think that kids should teach themselves & correction only leads to a lowered self-esteem?

There are wonderful individuals in the public edication system. Unfortunately, the system is broken & you're working with your hands tied behind your back because the agenda is against actually teaching the Constitution. It's too hard, after all.

nalani

Gonz said:
Are you also active members of the teachers union? Are you showing 12 year old how to fellate? Do you actively dismiss all forms of deity but preach druidism? Do you think that WW2 is sufficiently summed up in 50% of a page of a text book & that WW1 beinng alotted one paragraph is teaching? Do you think that kids should teach themselves & correction only leads to a lowered self-esteem?

There are wonderful individuals in the public edication system. Unfortunately, the system is broken & you're working with your hands tied behind your back because the agenda is against actually teaching the Constitution. It's too hard, after all.

Gonz? I'm not flavio. If you wanna argue something to no end, go to one of his threads. I'm a teacher. And I'm a good teacher. Period. And I'm not going to stand here and let you rail on me about the entire teaching system. My point was you were completely generalizing *knowing* that there are public school teachers that come to this board.

For once, just once - stop a minute and try to see someone else's point and/or feelings. If you can't do that, that's all you. Otherwise, that's all I have to say to you. Oh no, wait - one more thing. For the first time, you've really pissed me off. Not that it matters, but you did.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I've provided evidence, many many times, of the failings of the public education system, on this board. I've witnessed several failings.

Why are pissed at me for the failure of the public education system? Oh, btw, I thought you were a TA for a college professor, not a teacher.

catocom

catocom said:
I have a problem with it regardless of age. She's the TEACHER!
That's just part of the problem with public schools now.
Everyone with the power to really change things with the schools keep
saying everything is great though.
Things are just going to get worse, until somebody that can change it admits
there are serious problems.
I'd just like to clarify, I was not laying blames of all the school systems problems
on the teachers.
Also from what I've seen, the schools where there are masses of immigrants,
like around here, the problems seem to be greatly magnified.
I'm sure there are plenty of really good public schools out there.
Just not around here, and that's not the teacher's fault.

nalani

Gonz said:
I've provided evidence, many many times, of the failings of the public education system, on this board. I've witnessed several failings.

Why are pissed at me for the failure of the public education system? Oh, btw, I thought you were a TA for a college professor, not a teacher.

ah yes .. evidence ... I'm not dumb, I know the public school system is messed up .. but guess what? Rather than pissing, moaning and groaning and providing *evidence*, I'm attempting to do my part and fix it.

TA? I have never been a TA .. I teach Yearbook Productions, Video Editing and Philosophy at a public high school.

Why am I pissed off? Because I asked you for once to have regard for someone else's feelings. You know feelings? Something you can't necessarily break down with evidence. But that was too hard for you. :shrug:

Professur

nalani said:
ah yes .. evidence ... I'm not dumb, I know the public school system is messed up .. but guess what? Rather than pissing, moaning and groaning and providing *evidence*, I'm attempting to do my part and fix it.

V2.0's teacher is old school. She blew them away with weekly quizes. They didn't know which way to run. V3.0 starts pre-K soon, and Mum and the Missus are already one first names with the teacher. And V3.0's and 4.0's godfather is on the school's governing board.

IMHO, good public schools start with better parenting. Teachers can only do so much, when politicians are their bosses.

unclehobart

I've been in her classroom and throughout the school. Their system is run very well... almost like a private school except with really cool clothes. They aren't part of the problems that erode at the rest of the system. This was a thread about the acts of a single disturbed adult and it has become a broadbrush condemnation of the core of the educational system. Let it go or start a fresh thread strictly about it.

millie

I have to agree i think thats awful, probably she couldn't find anyone her own age that liked her, judging by her picture i am thinking what on earth was the boy thinking, probably experience keeps to mind, something that he can feel big in front of his mates about. But seriously what posses a woman of that age to sleep with a 11 year old as you rightly say teenagers ok but an 11 year old thats just plain gross.

My daughter is 8 thats 3 years younger than this kid.