An explanation

jimpeel

I am being encouraged to come back and participate in the discussions. If I do it must be known that I will not be participating in any contentious threads. I will not be getting in pissing matches with people over semantics, etc. If I need to, I will simply leave again.

I left because I am ill. I have been diagnosed with Hepatitis C genotype 2b which is a blood-borne viral infection which can kill me at the furthest extreme.
You cannot catch it from me by casual Internet chatroom contact or :leghump: or :fart: or :sex:.

The treatment is Interferon which has as one of its most serious side effects depression. The treatment lasts for 48-52 weeks and it ain't pleasant. The alternative is even less pleasant. Dying slowly and painfully of cirrhosis of the liver is not on the A-list of preferred ways to die.

I have had a liver biopsy and will learn the results on the 26th. That ostensibly is the day that I will start pre-treatment with antidepressants. Since I am not given to depression I doubt that it will be that effective but when you turn yourself over to the hands of another to use their expertise to save your life you do what they say to do.

So I will pop in on occasion and I will post selectively but I am not going to let the board drive me as it was previously. I don't need to incite this thing by being in a constant state of agitation after we poke it in the eye with a stick. Viruses have a survival instinct also.

So don't be surprised if you see some posts by me. I still will not post outside of TRW though.

Interferon is a tough racket from what I hear. I know a number of folks who have been very responsive with treatment. good luck JP

Welcome back Jim, you know all politics aside we really....

Love_You_Man.jpg

Love you man!

And in all seriousness I know we are all pulling for you to get better as easily as would be possibly in your situation!

God bless!

a very dear friend of mine had to take intreferon for a diferent ailment. its rough stuff but it can save lives. best of luck to you

Jim, it is great to hear from you. Also, thank you for the backstory. It probably wasn't just me that wondered why you split so suddenly.

I've rewritten a few sentences several times trying to wish you well. "Wish you well" sounds incredibly hollow I know, but I give up at this point. I can't really figure out what to type right now to convey how nice it is to have you back and how to express my concern for your health issues.

I think I should say that both are genuine.

Hey Jim.

there's hope Jim.
I have b and c types, and live a relatively normal life.
Just had to give up drinking alcohol, eat more beef, and high protein stuff,

I don't take drugs for it, but still have some depression from time to time.
Nothing that can't be handled through self awareness though, for me.

Hold to faith man.

So I will pop in on occasion and I will post selectively but I am not going to let the board drive me as it was previously. I don't need to incite this thing by being in a constant state of agitation after we poke it in the eye with a stick. Viruses have a survival instinct also.

So don't be surprised if you see some posts by me. I still will not post outside of TRW though.

ummm, maybe you should reconsider where you wanna post so's you don't get all

Agitated-by-Django-Malone-qpps_126134098650289.LG.jpg

Good to see you back, Jim. Sorry to hear about the HEP...seriously. Have you isolated the source? The biopsy should tell you how badly it's affected your liver and how long you've had HEP...with any luck, you caught it early.

Take care of yourself.

Back