And the single greatest invention is....

chcr

Too cute for words
The interweb thingie...

BTW, how many others knew that the catflap was invented by Sir Isaac Newton?

Inkara1

SouthernN'Proud said:
Thought that was Nytol....

Originally, yes. That's where the play on words comes from... see, Nytol and Midol sound similar, so that's why the play on words works.

Asylumbound

The Mp3 flile and Mp3 Player.

Im rather fond of the 6 Disc Mp3 player in my mustang to..thats about 1,200 songs loaded in the player without having to spring for an Ipod or a new system.

:cool4:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Asylumbound said:
The Mp3 flile and Mp3 Player.

Im rather fond of the 6 Disc Mp3 player in my mustang to..thats about 1,200 songs loaded in the player without having to spring for an Ipod or a new system.

:cool4:

Must respectfully disagree. All mp3s I have heard are flatter sounding than the same song on a CD. Which is flatter than the same song on an LP. Which is flatter than the same song on a reel tape, which is why recording studios used reels for the masters. Which is flatter than the same song performed live. But, to each his/her own and a little more.

Asylumbound

SouthernN'Proud said:
Must respectfully disagree. All mp3s I have heard are flatter sounding than the same song on a CD. Which is flatter than the same song on an LP. Which is flatter than the same song on a reel tape, which is why recording studios used reels for the masters. Which is flatter than the same song performed live. But, to each his/her own and a little more.

Eh, your just confusing that distortion you get from live music set up improperly and an LP's (very subtle) "hissing" from microscratches for dynamic range.

Still music sounds best on movie DVD soundtracks. Its the 5.1/6.1 and up, you cant get digital mastering for things like Bass to a subwoofer out and highs to the tweeters from an LP.

Oh and Live music naturally sounds better because its played at higher volumes in larger areas, and its the sound guys spend about 3 hours tweeking the levels for the particular venue before the show....not to mention the fact that your drunk and basically at a gigantic party. :beardbng:

The thing about CD's.... to get the best sound almost every song..or at last every song form a different album....has to have the levels reset in order to get the best sound. Turn the Bass up on this one...turn the bass down on that one...it gets kinda old.

Inkara1

Asylumbound said:
Eh, your just confusing that distortion you get from live music set up improperly and an LP's (very subtle) "hissing" from microscratches for dynamic range.

Still music sounds best on movie DVD soundtracks. Its the 5.1/6.1 and up, you cant get digital mastering for things like Bass to a subwoofer out and highs to the tweeters from an LP.

Oh and Live music naturally sounds better because its played at higher volumes in larger areas, and its the sound guys spend about 3 hours tweeking the levels for the particular venue before the show....not to mention the fact that your drunk and basically at a gigantic party. :beardbng:

The thing about CD's.... to get the best sound almost every song..or at last every song form a different album....has to have the levels reset in order to get the best sound. Turn the Bass up on this one...turn the bass down on that one...it gets kinda old.

Sounds to me like someone who's never compared the same album on vinyl and CD.

As for mp3s, I've found they sound just a notch below CD if they're of good quality... which really has more to do with the encoder than the bitrate. I've heard some 128K mp3s that sound better than some 384K mp3s, because they came from a better encoder. The big problem with the mp3 is the bad ones that sound a lot like the speaker's under water... or like the original mastering on the end of "Misty Mountain Hop."