Andrea Yates acquitted

Just for the record, I have no problem with the death penalty, even for retarded (or "mentally-challenged") citizens should they commit a crime so hideous to warrant death. The death penalty is not a deterent, it's for culling the shit from our society.

Gonz said:
I've heard all kinds of bad things about this guy. They're probaly all true. HOWEVER, he did not hold her hands under water while she freely drowned her children, making him far less culpable.

Precisely.

WARNING: SHOCKING STATEMENT TO FOLLOW. TAKE YOUR HEART MEDS BEFORE READING!!

Sometimes people are actually accountable for the things they freely do.

ALL LIBERALS MAY NOW RESUME READING WITHOUT FEAR OF LEARNING ANYTHING!!

Next thing ya know, some of you will want to throw Manson's mother in prison.

Gonz said:
I've heard all kinds of bad things about this guy. They're probaly all true. HOWEVER, he did not hold her hands under water while she freely drowned her children, making him far less culpable.
I do believe she was insane at that point, and that he had a big hand in putting her there in the first place. So I can stretch to less culpable, but not 'far'.

I have a very hard time deciding what I think should be done with her now.

Made them live in a bus. By gunpoint. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Never allowed them bathroom privileges at the 7-11. Forced.

Didn't do nothing to fix the problem.

Kill him & release her.

Bastard.

Mean.

Unnice is now a crime.

Gato_Solo said:
I knew somebody would bring that up. :D Here's a good one for ya'. She wanted another child as well...and likely doesn't mean absolutely...But feel free to blame the husband, though...if it makes you feel better...:rolleyes:
She was nuts... crazy... a lunatic... and he knew it and he pushed her over the edge. When a patient is crazy and does something harmful to her/him-self after being manipulated into doing it by the sane person you don't blame the patient for what they did... you hold the puppetier accountable. Her husband has not been held accountable.

I'm not saying he needs to be fried in the chair for what SHE did... I'm saying he needs to be held partly accountable for her insanity.

valkyrie said:
She was nuts... crazy... a lunatic... and he knew it and he pushed her over the edge.

Did he?

val said:
When a patient is crazy and does something harmful to her/him-self after being manipulated into doing it by the sane person you don't blame the patient for what they did... you hold the puppetier accountable. Her husband has not been held accountable.

Accountable for what? She wasn't insane. That's a defense ploy. She was depressed, and psychotic, but that doesn't always mean insanity.

val said:
I'm not saying he needs to be fried in the chair for what SHE did... I'm saying he needs to be held partly accountable for her insanity.

By that same token...
A man who is jealous of his wife's friendship with another woman. The wife knows this, but does nothing. The man eventually kills the wife's friend, and the wife is responsible for his actions...

Back