Another one bites the dust

jimpeel

Batting 1000 the administration picks another winner.

SOURCE

Energy Firm That Got Federal Funds Declares Bankruptcy
By RANDALL CHASE, Associated Press
October 31, 2011

DOVER, Del. (AP) — A Massachusetts energy company that received a $24 million federal stimulus grant and a $43 million federal loan guarantee has filed for bankruptcy protection.

Beacon Power of Tyngsboro, Mass., filed for Chapter 11 protection on Sunday in bankruptcy court in Delaware, listing assets of $72 million and debts of $47 million.

Beacon makes flywheel energy storage systems used to keep power frequency steady on electrical grids by absorbing excess power, then returning the energy when needed.

Beacon said its long-term financial prospects are strong, but that efforts to build its business have been capital intensive, and that those costs have contributed to operating losses.

The company also cited the current economic and political climate, the financing terms mandated by the Department of Energy, and its recent delisting notice from NASDAQ.

(Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

Meanwhile back at the ranch ...

SOURCE

Bankrupt Solydra Auctions Off 'Non-Core' Assets

Published October 31, 2011 | Associated Press

FREMONT, Calif. – The bankrupt solar company Solyndra Inc. is auctioning off surplus assets this week as part of its bankruptcy proceedings.

Starting Wednesday, buyers can purchase the former solar manufacturer's office microwave, artwork that once hung on its walls and an array of heavy equipment and tools owned by the former solar panel maker. The online auction ends Thursday at 5 p.m.

The auction company Heritage Global Partners is calling the event the "solar auction of the year." Because the company is still up for sale, its facilities and major manufacturing equipment will not be auctioned.

"We're selling what's considered non-core, which means if a buyer bought Solyndra after the auction they could still operate without this equipment," said Ross Dove, managing partner with Heritage.

Solyndra, which received a $528 billion federal loan guarantee and was touted by President Barack Obama as an example of his emphasis on so-called "green jobs," filed for bankruptcy in September and laid off 1,000 workers. The company has become a talking point for congressional Republicans opposed to government investments in clean energy.

Dove said there was so much interest in looking at the auction lots, the website went down temporarily Monday. That said, Dove said everything would be ready by auction time on Wednesday.

"The same thing happened when we did Enron too," said Dove.

He has had many successes.

The problem is that what constitutes success for them
is failure for the rest of us.

"I Hope Obama Fails" Rush Limbaugh

Name a success.

golly jim i'm not going to do your homework for you. you're the dimbulb making globalizing assertions from two examples.

suggest you find bankruptcy figures by industry sector and compare that rate to bankruptcy rates among those aided by obama and co.

of course you will not do that because you lack the faculties er facilities to conduct such inquiry from your cash register.

too bad... you should get a job in information retrieval. i'm sure gothy knows all of their locations, so he could help you out.
a%20brazil%20criterion%20single%20720%20BRAZIL-3.jpg

Why you danged

fascist racist Nazi homophobe Tea Party goin’ Wal-Mart shopper!

nice attempt to excuse yourself from responsibility for your own assertions. and a reflection of your lame epistemology.

this is not a matter of "one example," but rather a matter of whether there is a larger pattern that is truly indicative of fault, rather than being a reflection of broad marketplace risks.

i'll leave you to continue making a bird's nest from tiny scraps of paper.

by the way, esteemed literary giant, i.e. is the correct usage.

"is there a larger pattern that is truly indicative of fault?"

Why yes of course.

nice attempt to excuse yourself from responsibility for your own assertions. and a reflection of your lame epistemology.

That's okay. I can't name any Obama successes either so you are not alone on that one.

this is not a matter of "one example," but rather a matter of whether there is a larger pattern that is truly indicative of fault, rather than being a reflection of broad marketplace risks.

WTF?

i'll leave you to continue making a bird's nest from tiny scraps of paper.

i.e. I'll run away now.

by the way, esteemed literary giant, i.e. is the correct usage.

Oh, my, I believe that I have been chastised.

your "WTF" says everything peel.

must be getting crowded in the kiddie pool.

i'll try not to speak like an adult too much, so as not to cause more "WTF."

um, jim, i know it is very difficult for you to look at the bigger picture and put things into context when you are laser-focused on ideological pettiness, but lemme try to explain it to you.

if the firms helped by obupkis + pals have not been failing at a rate that exceeds the typical rate of failure in that industry sector, then your critique is unfounded.

i would expect that this kind of speculative bullshit is EXACTLY what private capital gets shy about because it is risky; however the much greater risk is in NOT pursuing any and all viable alternatives to sharif's black gold and continuing to have to put up with his and his cousins' shit.

listing one-off successes and failures does nothing to establish larger and ACTUALLY MEANINGFUL patterns. it's as if you found a rabid squirrel in your yard and then launching a global campaign to declare squirrels the most vile and dangerous disease vector in human history, and systematically destroy all of the little fuckers.

perhaps this is not the best example though, since they are tree rats, and actually could become a serious risk under the right conditions. but you know what i mean. er, no, you still don't. that i'm mixing economy and epidemiology doesn't help either. lemme see if i can steal some coloring books from the local pediatrician's office, and then maybe we could get you started on the right track.

(before anyone knee-jerks and says something like "the government should not be involved in any of that!" please recall that that is not the point under discussion, and that by yanking it sideways you are only yanking your choad. which is nevertheless exactly what i expect two of you in particular to do. soon. don't disappoint me, boys.)

Solar is not an option

"risk is in NOT pursuing any and all viable alternatives to sharif's black gold"

and that would be nuclear, coal and more efficient utilization

not windfarms and solar energy companies that are merely front groups
for the Democratic party's campaign contributions.

everything that has a clear ROI should be pursued.

the problem is that it's a bitch to really construct a solid ROI case for any huge technical system. and then things get ugly. folks have no idea how much of a politician edison had to become in order to get his larger systems built.

That's true there must be some large system that could be profitable
and viable that isn't being built and could only come about as a
direct result of government involvement.

yanno for the life of me I really can't?

Just another crack pipe dream like hi-speed rail?

14m52kn.jpg

Honestly name something that needs building
that would be profitable.

the original interstate system, dude. supported big commerce and defense. how can that be a loser?

now if we can figure out what would really do that, these days, i'd be all for it.

Back