Anti-war for a price?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
David Kay (no, he's not British after all) has said we can't find 'em. He had 'em but we can't find 'em. That will be another thread, soon.

For now. let's see who was against this war and what their motivation may have been....

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Iraq plans to investigate allegations that dozens of officials and businessmen worldwide illegally received oil in exchange for supporting former leader Saddam Hussein, officials said Tuesday.

Their statements came after al-Mada, an independent Baghdad newspaper, published a list it said was based on oil ministry documents showing 46 individuals, companies and organizations from inside and outside Iraq who were given millions of barrels of oil.

The list includes members of Arab ruling families, religious organizations, politicians and political parties from Egypt, Jordan, Syria, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Sudan, China, Austria, France and others.

Organizations named include the Russian Orthodox Church and the Russian Communist Party, India's Congress Party and the Palestinian Liberation Organization.

Houston Chronicle

Documents from Saddam Hussein's oil ministry reveal he used oil to bribe top French officials into opposing the imminent U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

Oil for Chirac, not Bush

freako104

you have only one motive for one of those groups. what about the other motives? and the motives for war too

MrBishop

Ain't it amazing what kind of crap you dig up when you're willing to take a pick-ax to the pile of utter BS that politicians tend to pile around themselves?

Thanks Gonz!

Gotnolegs

Fuck me!

[dripping with sarcasm]You don't think that some people gettign oil and some not might have had something to do with this war do you?[/dripping with sarcasm]

All that list shows me is that the people who actively supported the war are now better off as they now control Iraq's oil.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gotnolegs said:
Fuck me!

[dripping with sarcasm]You don't think that some people gettign oil and some not might have had something to do with this war do you?[/dripping with sarcasm]

All that list shows me is that the people who actively supported the war are now better off as they now control Iraq's oil.

excuse me????

THat list shows people that did NOT support the war, Turkey being the one variable. :rolleyes:

Gotnolegs

Gonz said:
excuse me????

THat list shows people that did NOT support the war, Turkey being the one variable. :rolleyes:

My point exactly.

That list shows clearly that the people supporting the war were not getting Iraq's oil. Now they are.

Gotnolegs

freako104 said:
and those that didnt support it no longer get it. I think everyone half expected this at least

I distinctly remember someone telling us it wasn't about oil... Now strangely it seems it was :confused:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gotnolegs said:
My point exactly.

That list shows clearly that the people supporting the war were not getting Iraq's oil. Now they are.

You may want to re-read....those are the people that saddam bribed with his "food for oil" reserves before we kicked his ass.

freako104

Gotnolegs said:
I distinctly remember someone telling us it wasn't about oil... Now strangely it seems it was :confused:

well he did say it wasnt about oil but i think even he sort of would expect this.

Gotnolegs

Gonz said:
You may want to re-read....those are the people that saddam bribed with his "food for oil" reserves before we kicked his ass.

Either your list shows that the supply/non supply was a significant issue regarding the war or it doesn't. You simply can't have it both ways.

So it proves that France had a lot to lose financially because of the war, big fucking deal, we already knew that. The absence of the US from that list shows that you had a lot to gain financially from the war. Those of us who aren't too brainwashed to see it already knew that too...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
read more if it's more than you can understand...it was pure bribery

Yahoo

MEMRI

Sofia

NY Post

NewsAsia

ABCNews

I don't see Haliburton anywhere on those lists. Hell, even the name Cheney is evading capture.

Personal gain was more important than national security & the sanctity of the United Nations.

Gotnolegs

Gonz said:
read more if it's more than you can understand...it was pure bribery

Yahoo

MEMRI

Sofia

NY Post

NewsAsia

ABCNews

I don't see Haliburton anywhere on those lists. Hell, even the name Cheney is evading capture.

Personal gain was more important than national security & the sanctity of the United Nations.

Ok I was wrong. You obviously can ignore fact and have it both ways.

Let me try and make this easy for you.

I know France and other countries had a vested interest in stopping the war.

By putting up a list that proves that the US is now financially better off because of the war shows the possibilty of another vested interest that certain people worked damn hard to cover up.

Simple enough?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What happened to France, et al, being against the war because it was wrong instead of because they had illegal financial interests?

Simple enough for you?

Gotnolegs

Gonz said:
What happened to France, et al, being against the war because it was wrong instead of because they had illegal financial interests?

Simple enough for you?

Did I say that?

No

Don't put words in my mouth. I quite vocally supported the war because I firmly believe Hussein was abusing human rights on a grand scale. I quite vocally disagree with people who can't see past the propaganda and claim the war was about terrorirsm.

I don't give a shit one way or the other why the French decided what they did.

Your post however stated that getting Iraq's oil was the deciding factor in whether a country supported the war. I pointed out that this argument metaphorically shot you in the foot.

In response you argued that I had said something I hadn't.

I am trying to stick to facts and objective discussion, you are using propaganda and untruth. In all honesty this kind of makes it a little poitless for me to argue as I will never be able to win if I am forced to stick to the truth.