Any fellow shoe freaks in da house?

My shoe count will be increasing by 1 tomorrow. They will be the most versitle shoes in my collection...good to wear with skirts, capris, pants (incl dressy pants)...probably not the most bang for my buck ever...since the last two summers anytime I wasn't at work I was pretty much wearing a pair of flip flops I paid like $5 for...a different pair each summer...but these will still be the most versitile...

VOILA!

ShowImg.asp

They're nice, but no good for me... the soles are too thin... my feet are so sensitive I need cushioned soles or they hurt. Barefoot in the house is fine, but outside no.

I think I have about 15 pair. I need to pick up some steel toe boots for work.

I hate getting bothered by customers every time I need to go out on the floor to pull a product, so I cultivate this look of "I can't help you; go fuck yourself."

Usually, at work, there's a lot of stuff for me to do, so I get frustrated, so I have this stare like I'm about to kill somebody. Then I have a kinda beat up shirt on, with a lot of 'warehouse dust' on it. Then the rough cut kinda pants that are like jeans, except not blue, so it's not like the smooth dress pants the sales guys wear. Then I have a walkie talkie and a pager that I'm required to have on me at all times, as well as a decently sized folding knife. Along with this really complicated safety harness that's strong enough for me to fucking bungee jump with (I've used it to suspend myself from the stockpicker before). It's got shoulder straps and chest straps and leg straps. Then if customers try to talk to me, I give them really short answers in a gruff tone. I love it!

But the guy I work with sometimes is the funnest. He's like 6'8, 350 lbs. used to play in the NBA. He makes all the customers look like pussies. Today he lifted up a 200 pound TV stand and threw it on his shoulder.

I mean, we joke about shit, because probably half our products have these little "Team Lift" logos on them saying that they're too big for one person. I can usually get them, but I have a hard time with anything over 50", or the stands heavier than 150 lbs. This guy just manhandles everything. He like doesn't use handtrucks. I've seen him just lift up these 200 pound products like no problem.

OK...even from that whole spiel I don't get why you need steel toed boots for work.

Second, is the harness like this dude is wearing?

01106115_255614.gif

If so, what do you have to wear it for? Did you have to do any training prior to using it?

I didn't get the shoes btw...my foot is too "thick" (for lack of a better word)...the distance from my sole to the top of my foot is more than most other people...my feet have always been like that...I have a problem with a lot of ballet flats, and the ones I found that don't do that (the ones I already own)hurt my heel *sigh*

I mean, we joke about shit, because probably half our products have these little "Team Lift" logos on them saying that they're too big for one person. I can usually get them, but I have a hard time with anything over 50", or the stands heavier than 150 lbs. This guy just manhandles everything. He like doesn't use handtrucks. I've seen him just lift up these 200 pound products like no problem.

Ooh an arthritic waiting to happen... he's gonna regret it... I used to lift patients with no problem...

Take a look at zappos.com. If they don't have a shoe that can fit your foot... then it simply doesn't exist.

I've become addicted to RedWings as they seem to be the only shoe maker I can find that makes 'em to take a beating and can fit my 4E gunboats for less than a kings ransom.

Oh I can find shoes to fit..runners and boots and sandals and stuff...certain styles just don't work for me :(

OK...even from that whole spiel I don't get why you need steel toed boots for work.

Mythbusters Episode 42
Episode 42: Steel Toe-Cap Amputation
Adam and Jamie slice and dice a myth from the construction industry. According to some laborers, steel-toed boots can be more dangerous than the regular variety. Apparently, a worker from Down Under was awarded financial compensation for losing three toes when a heavy weight fell on his steel toe-capped boot. But were the unfortunate Aussie's steel toe caps turned into toe cutters, as the myth stipulates?
premiere: Nov. 9, 2005

In short...a 75lb drop on your unprotected boots gives you flat feet...from the top down. With steel toes, you walk away well rounded.

What is the most disturbing?

Because that thing exists? That Inky knows about it? That I was so engrossed by the insanity I watched it all?

Mythbusters Episode 42

In short...a 75lb drop on your unprotected boots gives you flat feet...from the top down. With steel toes, you walk away well rounded.

Yes but last I heard he worked in Best Buy...what does he do requiring steel toes? :p

Back