Any fellow shoe freaks in da house?

I have at least 40 pairs of shoes. I swear they breed in my closet - I can't be buying these things......wait make that 50 - I forgot all my litle asian beaded slides but those are a plastic-y material so they shouldn't really count.
I love heels, sandals and ballet flats. I do own a pair of tennis shoe-esque shoes now.

I was looking to see if you posted in here, Think they have met their match! :grinyes:

OK...even from that whole spiel I don't get why you need steel toed boots for work.

Second, is the harness like this dude is wearing?

01106115_255614.gif

If so, what do you have to wear it for? Did you have to do any training prior to using it?

Yep, except it's yellow, and the leg straps are black. Otherwise, that's very similar to what I wear.

Training for the harness specifically? Nope. Technically we're all supposed to wear them. I'm typically the only person who does, and that's only because I found an older style one that was more comfortable (she ordered a bunch of new ones that suck hard), the rest of the guys do either the belt, or nothing.
I'm about 50/50 between the belt and the harness.

I'm supposed to get steel toes so I don't drop a 150 pound TV on my foot.

Nixy ... lots of jobs require the wearing of safety shoes. I was once refused access to a site where I was supposed to repair a computer until I had steel toes on. Even to just walk through the plant, nowhere near the machinery ...

Ah, the 42" plasmas are easy. I can lift one into the back of a truck no problem. The real killer is the stands. They often don't have handles. They're wide and long but very flat, and very heavy. 150+ pounds vs. maybe 100 for a 42" plasma.

Yep, except it's yellow, and the leg straps are black. Otherwise, that's very similar to what I wear.

Training for the harness specifically? Nope. Technically we're all supposed to wear them. I'm typically the only person who does, and that's only because I found an older style one that was more comfortable (she ordered a bunch of new ones that suck hard), the rest of the guys do either the belt, or nothing.
I'm about 50/50 between the belt and the harness.

I'm supposed to get steel toes so I don't drop a 150 pound TV on my foot.

No training? You wear them on some sort of boom/cherry picker/lift I assume?

If you were in Ontario you'd all be in SO much shit. You can't even wear a harness here without fall protection training (so you know the proper way to wear it and tie off)...and I don't even wanna think what would happen to the guys who don't wear them...

I wear a harness on almost a daily basis (mine is blue and grey)...I go a nice bit higher than one would go in a warehouse (up to 72 storeys in the air actually but usually about 20-25 storeys)...but really, after a certain point the only thing that changes is the amount of time you have to think before you splat if you were to fall.

On the note about being strong enough to bungee jump/supporting you when you suspended yourself from the lift...I should hope so! That's what they're made for, to keep you from splatting if you were to ever fall :p

I got a bit of training on how to operate the stockpicker... no safety training though.

Oh man...I dunno what the laws are there but you might wanna look into it. Around here if you use any sort of equipment requiring harnesses and such without the proper training (both safety training for the harness and for the equipment...) you personally can be fined. Apparently even using certain equipment without proof of training (ie. forgetting the card that says you've been trained at home) can result in a $1500 fine if the ministry of labour shows up...I always make sure I carry my card now :eek5:

Even if you don't/can't get fined...operatin equipment like that without proper training (both technical and safety) is putting yourself at great risk. The fact that you suspended yourself from the stockpicker and that some people don't even wear harnesses tells me you're not fully aware of the safety risks and implications of the equipment.

I want the second ones in some disgustingly girlie colours...like pink and grey (mostly pink)

Back