Anybody else Bowhunting this year?

Professur

PT, what's the specs on that new bow of yours? I'm guessing carbon fiber arms, maybe 65lbs pull, resting at 35? What about weights and sights?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
bleach said:
Who killed Bambi? :(

Thousands of years of civilisation and we have folks running around the woods with bows and arrows........too funny :D

It's okay to buy some overfed, mass produced, injection laden product of the big meat factories (or the veggie factories, depending on your particular vice) but there is something primordial about hunting & killing your own? Getting up off your ass & heading to the ancient hunting grounds of our fore-fathers to find, kill & strip an animal to take home to our offspring, family & friends is the meaning of life. 9-5 is a way for civilized man to waste his years. Music, computers, motorcycles, hop scotch, whatever, is a civilized waste of time. Hunting & growing is the very essence of humanity.

Oz

Gonz said:
It's okay to buy some overfed, mass produced, injection laden product of the big meat factories (or the veggie factories, depending on your particular vice) but there is something primordial about hunting & killing your own? Getting up off your ass & heading to the ancient hunting grounds of our fore-fathers to find, kill & strip an animal to take home to our offspring, family & friends is the meaning of life. 9-5 is a way for civilized man to waste his years. Music, computers, motorcycles, hop scotch, whatever, is a civilized waste of time. Hunting & growing is the very essence of humanity.

True............this day and age it's called role-play :)

Happy hunting Huorn:)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
fucking is mans ultimate waste of time AND guarantor of the future. What a complete package.

Oz

Gonz said:
fucking is mans ultimate waste of time AND guarantor of the future. What a complete package.

Explains why we have all the would be Robin Hood's in here........personally I'll stick to fucking (I don't mind wasting my time that way), you guys can bring home the dinner:)

Oz

Squiggy said:
:( Poor Gonz...I can't believe she tells him its a waste of time...Thats cold...:disgust2:

All these years folks thought that being a real man was taking responsibility for the famliy *shrugs*

bleach
Not hairy or hunter

tonksy

my daddy was a hunter and a fisherman. his rule? if it shits, shoot it. he prolly intended to cook everything he killed but my mom was too refined for all that. i, on the other hand have had many occasion to find some shot in my dinner. i, however, married a non hunter/fisher, so i have to rely on the kindness of friends and relatives for anything you can't readily find at the piggly wiggly. i absolutely love venison. bambi may be cute, but he's damn tasty.

Professur

Hunting with bows and arrows give the animal a fighting chance. Modern rifles can down a target at over 500'. I don't know of any animal that can sense a hunter at that range. Do you? Bow hunters have to be within 30 yards to have any chance of a clean kill. I don't know anyone who'll release at a greater distance than that.

Oz

Professur said:
Hunting with bows and arrows give the animal a fighting chance. Modern rifles can down a target at over 500'. I don't know of any animal that can sense a hunter at that range. Do you? Bow hunters have to be within 30 yards to have any chance of a clean kill. I don't know anyone who'll release at a greater distance than that.
Yeah, all our pork, beef, lamb and turkey has a fighting chane......there is a big meat shortage in the western world.

We FARM meat..........we don't need to stalk it and have a "maybe" kill,we canna be callin our beloved Prof bad names *Leslie* .
why? dead is dead.
Because there is no such thing as a certain kill in hunting tonksy........a "near miss" means the animal usually runs and dies in agony of septicemia (blood poisoning, due to the lead in the bullet) .