Anybody else Bowhunting this year?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Gonz said:
Then put an end to government healthcare & let the weak & stupid die off. We'll be down to 2 billion in no time.

Or maybe we could do away with the laws that protect the rich, self-serving, greedy, thieving assholes from the people they screw and accomplish it much faster...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Squiggy said:
Or maybe we could do away with the laws that protect the rich, self-serving, greedy, thieving assholes from the people they screw and accomplish it much faster...

Wouldn't work. Money buys priviledge, you know. Now an open-ended hunting season... :grinyes:

chcr

Too cute for words
Squiggy said:
I fear that the prevailing social climate will take care of that one for you Squiggy. Hopefully not in my lifetime as I don't expect it to be pretty.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
see this is the greatest thing. we can all have our opinions on wether its right or wrong, but in the end we all get to do what we want. Complain about what the other is doing. Its our rights as humans to say what is right or wrong. But in either case an animal is still being killed weather by a arrow bullet or a sledgehammer. the hammer usually used by the oh so humane meat processing plant and shipped to the local convience store. and fed to our families.
I have been an avid hunter for over 20 years. I use all consumables from the animal. And i can honestly say every shot i have taken has been a kill shot. Prof my longest bow shot was 45 yards and it walked for 10 yards and fell over. It didnt even know it was hit.
PT that bow is to nice looking to hunt with, i have an old PROLINE (15 yrs old now) set at 55 lbs. i use aluminum shaft with zwicky heads. razor sharp and i can resharpen them when needed.
I dont like the newage hunters that go sit in a mini cabin with their hipower rifles and shoot 400-500 yards away. that just isnt right to me. i done even slug hunt very far( 20 guage 65 yards avg.)
the closest was at 10 yards and a 5 by 5 elk.
One of the main thing most non hunters dont realize is that it is hunters money for licenses that keep most state parks open, it also supports all these pretty migratory swamps open. So remember the next time you tell us to quite that some of the parks you frequent may be closing soon. Indiana is finding this out the hard way. Raising the price of licensing and only allowing 1 deer per season in areas.
Here is a great example, indiana is complaining about all the canadian geese and the overpopulation. so instead of allowing for more to be taken during season, we shortened the season. AND the DNR is now going to the nest and spraying OIL on the eggs so they do not hatch.... But animal rights thinkits a better solution.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
My wife said the same thing about the new bow. Of course hers is a lot prettier than mine. At least mine has Camo on it. I agree 100% with you though, Sammy. The money we spend goes to the Missouri Dept. of Conservation. The same people that are out there saving other animals lives, and the ones that know best which animals are over-populated and which are under. Granted, they are still a state agency, so there are bound to be some Snafu's, but for the most part they do a good job, at least here in Missouri.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sam said:
I dont like the newage hunters that go sit in a mini cabin with their hipower rifles and shoot 400-500 yards away.

When I hunted, years ago in AZ, we had high-power rifles (30.06 was mine). The difference was (because of the terrain) we had to go old fashioned hunting. A pair of binoculars, a pair of warm boots & a rifle. Start wandering the hills, get your kill & drag that SOB back to camp. I have a hard time accepting the tree-stand hunters, hanging out near the same place they've laid corn all summer.

ris

i was thinking about whether or not i would go bowhunting this year when i realised the biggest thing within decent walking distance [ie at the back of my postage stamp sized garden] is a roundabout populated by bunnies.

as much as i enjoy a good bunny-bowhunt i much prefer a bunny-12 borehunt.