Anybody ever hear of this brand?

Dammit, I've gotta make sure you get some of our deep dish pizza sometime, kuu. While the cheesecake won't make it to Hawaii, the pizza might. I'll ask someone at Lou Malnati's (the road rallye's ending there tonight :licklips: ) if they'll send one to Hawaii. :)

Any updates on the pizza?
If you can't send some real Chicago pizza ... Pizza Hut is now advertising their Deep-Dish Chicago pizza ;) :D

kuulani said:
*sigh*
it's in a constant state of being broken & repaired ;)

i should never buy that man anything expensive :D

You say this after you have children? :eek: :lol2:

I've heard of it and I think my ex's dad had one when he did all his scuba diving and his spelunking (sp?) stuff. I dunno how good it is, but he is the type of guy that only likes the best. That was about 5 years ago though.

Oddly enough, I seem to have good luck with "el cheapo" watches. I bought a "Wilson" watch at Wal-Mart for something like $15 when I was in 8th grade. The plastic band broke and was held together with staples at one end after three or four years, and the other side, the plastic body broke enugh that the band had to be held on with masking tape. But last I checked, which was a couple years into college, the thing was still going strong on its original battery. That's a good six years or so. Good quality battery.

I got a Wenger Swiss Army Watch as a high school graduation present. I wore it for a few years. It's water resistant to 5 ATM, it says, and the set knob requires unscrewing before I can use it to set the time. But I'm not sure how water resistant the two side buttons are. However, the hour hand decided to quit moving one day. I took it to a jeweler and had the battery replaced, and he couldn't figure out anything else that could be wrong with it. The problem was not fixed.

So I bought a Timex Expedition digital watch for $3 or $4 at a Kmart that was closing down. It has a cloth/velcro band that is still good, although the velcro doesn't grip that well anymore. It is still keeping good time and it's still on its original battery. It's water resistant to 100m.

I currently wear a cheap $10 watch that's 30m water resistant but looks a lot nicer than the Timex. I figured that since my job at Radio Shack requires me to look a little nicer, I should have a nicer-looking watch.

I don't go diving, so I don't really need much water resistance, and for some reason quality hasn't been much of an issue for me, even with "el cheapo" watches.

OK Everyone that doesn't wear a watch
raise their hand.
Last time I ever had one was
35 years ago when I was ten!
Today with clocks on cel phones car radios microwave ovens
and heaven knows where else isn't a wristwatch
similar to the ol' timey pocket watch?

Alright I will admit to carrying a cel phone 24/7 and that provides a time readout.
It remains correct at all times by virtue of the sync with the cel towers,
requires charging once every 2 days so a wristwatch would be so much jewelry!

I wish I could wear a watch...It can't have any metal on it at all, break out in these little itchy bumps..happens from jewelry too... :crying4:

Look for a timex with a band on it like this one and a plastic body, like this one, and with plastic buttons, like this one. That only leaves a tiny bit of metal for the bottom plate, which you can cover with a circle of leather.

Mare said:
I wish I could wear a watch...It can't have any metal on it at all, break out in these little itchy bumps..happens from jewelry too... :crying4:
Thats nickel dermatitis. Get a 95% plastic watch and then coat the remaining metal bits with some clear nail polish. Thats what I did for a decade.

She could also get an extra-long band, and run it under the face, and over both pins. That should be enough to protect her sensitive skin...

It doesn't. The flexing of the wrist causes constant contact with the dials and whatnot... even the retaining pins in the sides of the band.

i can't wear a watch either. i stop them. something about my kinetic energy or some such garbage.

Back