Anybody ever hear of this brand?

tonksy said:
i can't wear a watch either. i stop them. something about my kinetic energy or some such garbage.
My mom is the same way. Her trick to keep her watches working is to put a circle of leather on the bottom so her skin doesn't contact the metal on the bottom.

She's also been known to demagnetize credit cards.

Inkara1 said:
My mom is the same way. Her trick to keep her watches working is to put a circle of leather on the bottom so her skin doesn't contact the metal on the bottom.

She's also been known to demagnetize credit cards.
see i don't find a watch that important that i will lash strips of leather to my wrist. i could buy one of those watches that runs off kinetic energy but for a couple of thousand dollars i'd sooner just ask people what time it is.

I'm really mulling over getting a $1,600 watch. It's a lot to spend on a watch, sure... but I like the idea of passing it down to my kids when I die, and having them pass it down to their kids.

Inkara1 said:
I'm really mulling over getting a $1,600 watch. It's a lot to spend on a watch, sure... but I like the idea of passing it down to my kids when I die, and having them pass it down to their kids.

Until you run into a bad aple somewhere down your linearage who sells it for money for some sort of sin...

He already ran into her.

I used to wear a watch all the time, until the missus borrowed it for timing V4.0's feeding, diaper changes and such. It's band was my anti-static bracelet, so I always had it on me. Right now, I'm getting by with the clock on my pager.

I need my watch at work, no clocks on the floor and I ain't running to a phone every time I need to know the time, especially towards the end of my shift. I set it a few minutes ahead 'cause I tend to run late a lot.

It doesn't for me too much either, but it makes me feel better when my watch beeps for 8 and I'm still at home running late than if it were on time and it beeped at 8 and I was still at home. I'm also too lazy to fix it. :D

Back