Anyone else own a Chevy?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ok, so I've got this suburban, and on the dash it has a light that comes on every time I start it that says, "Check Gages"

WTF? It is spelled Guages, isn't it? I had an S-10 for awhile that was the same way and it just pissed me off. So what is the deal with Chevy spelling guage gage?

Yup, pisses me off too.

Also the service engine soon light cost me about $120.00 for a freaking gas cap:mad:

psst: it's spelled gauges.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MRS. PT:hbd:

I've had 3 Chevy's in my life..and they all pissed me off for varying reasons....

.....well...my Camaro was fun but it was eventually a PoS....it was awfully fast though...

Now I have a Ford product for a daily driver, a 99 Sable..which has 110K miles on it and it's never been to the shop....not even once....

....which beats the crap out of my 75 TR6....which looks real nice but requires a shitload of random repairs and maintenance.....

...I'm convinced the entire Triumph line sold in America is payback for the Revolution...

MADrin

Nothing like my old datsun '74. You just can't beat those japaneses.

I've had a few GM's. Old Chevy Impala that I got for free, the 94 Pontiac Sunbird that I had since it was new... head gasket went in 2000. Now I have two recalls pending on my 96 Chevy Cavalier. I just can't get away from GM's no matter what I do. :grumpy:

ash r said:
i was going to get a cavalier at some point.... should i?

I had a '95 Cavalier Z24 ,the thing was very under powered IMO .It had a 2.3litre 4cyl. ,but seemed quite guttless for a 5spd.Handled great in the snow,but if you weren't able to stay moving because of traffic the snow would slide down the hood and cover the airintake causing the temp guage to rise. Currently own '98 Sonoma and have had problems right from the start 1) third door wouldn't open(factory defect) 2)Engine rattled fro the get go,never bothered me to start with ,but after 4yrs and it still rattles:mad: 3)were the exaust hooks to the manifold .one bolt fell off and the other was loose causng the donut to burn up and an incredible noise.4)currently the heater won't adjust ,I think it has something to do with a vacuum hose that was screwed with when the had to replace the rocker cover gasket because it was leaking oil.(a job the dealer quoted me would only take an hour turned into a 4hr +day "we're are going to have to give you a rental car because the thermostat started to leak when we went to put it back together ":rolleyes:

Avoid GMs ,that includes Chevs.If the vehicles don't leave you with a bad taste then the Dealers/service dept. will.

Luis G said:
Nothing like my old datsun '74. You just can't beat those japaneses.

My first "new" car was a 72 Datsun 240Z. I put 350,000 miles on it with NO MAJOR REPAIRS. 26 mpg and a top speed of 146 mph...It just couldn't get any better than that. I sold it to a friend who put another 100,000 miles on it before selling it. And still it had no major repairs....

Back