Anyone ever tried this?

Dave

first time i've ever heard of that.
it makes absolutly no sense to me, but hey, whatever works.

unclehobart

I wouldn't put a bar of soap in the bed to keep away leg cramps any more than I would put a bar of soap in the bed to keep cougars out of my basement.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
unclehobart said:
I wouldn't put a bar of soap in the bed to keep away leg cramps any more than I would put a bar of soap in the bed to keep cougars out of my basement.
So you have cougars in your basement? That must be a rough one, I'm guessing the standard rat traps just piss em off, eh?

rrfield

Man, I got those about 3 times a week when I was playing rugby. Never heard of the soap trick, seems stupid.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I know a few "home remedies" that actually work better than anything you can buy in a store. Might give this a shot. I get leg cramps a lot. Can't hurt, right?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
unclehobart said:

damn cougars, them older ladies don't take no for an answer, do they

rrfield

SouthernN'Proud said:
I know a few "home remedies" that actually work better than anything you can buy in a store. Might give this a shot. I get leg cramps a lot. Can't hurt, right?

That's very true, Though I cured the leg cramps by not playing rugby anymore :)

catocom

My mother tried it.
She said it work the first couple of nights.
Of coarse those might have just been nights that she wouldn't have had um anyway. :confused:

She said it didn't work the next 2 nights.

The mind is a powerful thing, but I think I'd put more stock into vitamins...
like, what is it?, B12 that's supposed to help it.

The only thing I've found that help is cutting back on the coffee.
These energy drinks seem to help it too though, with the ginseng, and taurine.

ris

i found that eating a banana stopped me getting cramp in the nights after i played rugby. i was told there is some vitamin or whatnot in them that is good for cramp, but that could be bollocks.
i don't get any cramp now, no matter how much exercise i do, maybe my muscles have got sorted out.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:

Like that would work. You keep cougars out of your basement by drawing pictures of mice on the inside of your washer lid...in purple crayon. :grinyes:

Inkara1

unclehobart said:
Seems like a more effective way to keep John Cougar out of your basement is to not buy any of his albums... and stay away from the Mercury dealership.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Inkara1 said:
stay away from the Mercury dealership.

Between myself, my parents, and an ex-fiance I have proudly been affiliated with a total of seven Mercury Cougars.

1967: mine
1968: ex's (I helped her buy it)
1969: parents
1972: parents
1978: parents
1987: parents
1994: mine

The '67 was a monster. I bought it when I was 11, between my dad, some of his friends, and myself we had that thing looking and running right by the time I turned 16. We shaved the fenders inside so a 351 Cleveland would barely fit. The motor was built by a guy who once built those same engines for a NASCAR team...you do the math from there! :swing:

Gawd I miss that thing...

Mare

Claim: Chewing gum takes seven years to pass through the human digestive system.

My mother lied to me all these years.......