Anyone know anything about Bermuda?

It's been a decade but in LA, we paid, if I recall correctly, about $90./biannually for $25,000 coverage renters insurance

State Farm quoted me at $170. for 20k with 100k liability and 50k personal damage. It would be less but I'm very close to the ocean and less than 100 miles from a major metropolitan area. Regardless, it's certainly worth the price.

And if all my camera equipment and luggage is stolen on the trip, those values are in the thousands. Damn right I would make a claim. That's what insurance is for in the first place.

greenfreak said:
I'm very close to the ocean and less than 100 miles from a major metropolitan area.

Venice & West Hollywood sister. I'll see your ocean & metro & raise you an earthquake zone :D

How do you explain the price difference, my $170. annually versus your $90. biannually? We certainly aren't in an earthquake zone. We're 1500 feet from the ocean, how far were you? Cost of living? The fact that we're under the flight path of JFK and routinely find dead bodies of stowaways and Concorde fuselage in the neighborhood? :D

greenfreak said:
How do you explain the price difference, my $170. annually versus your $90. biannually? We certainly aren't in an earthquake zone. We're 1500 feet from the ocean, how far were you? Cost of living? The fact that we're under the flight path of JFK and routinely find dead bodies of stowaways and Concorde fuselage in the neighborhood? :D

His was more because he was in an earthquake zone and you aren't?

greenfreak said:
His is less. $90 every two years versus my $170. every year.

Biannually can also mean twice every year...which is how I took it.

A biennial flower only blooms in it's second year (like foxglove), so when I hear biennial or biannual, I think 2 years or 2nd year.

But I don't know of any insurance policies that span two years. If that's the case, than Gonz's insurance was actually $10. more than mine for a one-year period. So there really isn't that much of a difference. Until you take into account that that was 10 years ago! Wonder what it would be now? Probably double that.

If Gonz would just get his butt in here and tell us what he meant we could know for sure...since according to dictionary.com "biannual" is the WORST word EVER and can mean once every two years or twice a year...I think whoever made it up must have been cracked out or something...

Nixy said:
If Gonz would just get his butt in here and tell us what he meant we could know for sure...since according to dictionary.com "biannual" is the WORST word EVER and can mean once every two years or twice a year...I think whoever made it up must have been cracked out or something...

Biannual
Biennial

greenfreak said:
His is less. $90 every two years versus my $170. every year.

Twice a year...I couldn't think of the word SEMI-annual...

$180./yr included earthquake which is an additional rider

If I can get insured for $180 a year it would be worth doing. $180 a month would be too expensive.

I guess I should call my friendly local State Farm agent huh?

Bermuda it is. We booked the resort and airfare today. SO exciting. :D

I also contacted an insurance agent on the renter's insurance. Waiting on an answer if the camera equipment is covered on vacation.

This is a wide view of the resort, we would be in one of the waterfront buildings on the cliff on the right or on the bottom left. We will probably be able to choose ourselves, which do you think? I was thinking the cliff is more scenic and out of the way but the ocean is closer to the ones on the left.

loverv.jpg

Unless you want the exercise, get closer to the water. It looks like they have nice paths, but you may end up regretting having to hike that hill every time you need to take a leak.

Back