Are the textbooks in Braille?

tonksy

:tardbang: In my high school if you took certain courses you could get a waiver on certain others. I think the waiver policy could easily work here.

unclehobart

All drive through ATM's and such here have instructions in braile. It gives you pause to think that either PC went too damn far or that they beleive there may be blind drivers. Muy frightening.

Professur

Um ... Am I the only one who's walked through the drive through? I do it from time to time at the local A&W too, jsut because the inside line is too long.

I'd think a blind man would appreciate being able to use the drive through one, since then he doesn't have to negociate the bank's doors.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Professur said:
Um ... Am I the only one who's walked through the drive through?

13'6", 70'+ long, up to 80,000 lbs. Not many drive-ins can accomodate that. Out west they were walk ups & even those didn't have braille. The bank I go to now has a headphone jack...for instructions.

Inkara1

Most places here have signs posted that state they won't serve walk-ups at the drive-thru window, though. It's "for safety."

As for braille on drive-thru ATMs, it's simple economics. Regular ATMs have braille on the keys and the economy of scale says it lowers costs to have the keypads for all the ATMs be the same. Since the non-drive-up ATMs have to have braille, it's cheaper for NCR to just make them all that way.

BeardofPants

You have drive through ATMs? :hmm: Seriously?
We have ATMs all over the place (shops, petrol stations, malls, banks, etc, etc), but they ain't drive through. You have to actually walk to them.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
BeardofPants said:
You have drive through ATMs? :hmm: Seriously?
We have ATMs all over the place (shops, petrol stations, malls, banks, etc, etc), but they ain't drive through. You have to actually walk to them.
Shit, around here there are more drive thru ATM's than there are standalone ones.

Professur

PT said:
Shit, around here there are more drive thru ATM's than there are standalone ones.

Saves them money on the smashed windows when you're trying to chain it to your pickup's bumper.

Inkara1

I'd walk through one to place my order too if restaurants here would serve people who do that. They won't.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Inkara1 said:
I'd walk through one to place my order too if restaurants here would serve people who do that. They won't.

So ya gotta have a car, but the ability to speak English is of course optional...

Professur

Inkara1 said:

Try on a bicycle. If they refuse, tape a small electric motor to the cross bar. They can't refuse to serve a motorcycle.

Did I ever mention that I used to work graveyard and would often spend my days looking for ways to piss people off?