Are you a POWAR user?

greenfreak

A.B.Normal said:
Shortcuts? you mean I don't have to keep the actual files on my Desktop :lloyd:

Oh my GOD! :laugh: Please tell me that is not really your desktop! I hate too many icons on my desktop. Right now I have 6 icons on my desktop and I use all of them. I can't imagine having that many icons, I hope they're alphabetized at least! :)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
If I didn't clean mine, I'd have plenty too. I have folders mainly, with everything sorted out, except for the one called MISC, everything gets saved to there, and I clean it out when I feel froggy.

catocom

I set my icon's vertical spacing to 39 (at 1024x768) and have
auto arrange on so I can cram more on there. :D

(I had quite abit more typed in here earlier, but lost it because my keyboard batteries were dying, and it wiped it out, and I didn't feel like retyping)

I like to keep mine close to a fresh setup look. It makes it faster
for me setting up a new computer, or working on other peoples comps.
if the don't have it customized too much.

greenfreak

catocom said:
(I had quite abit more typed in here earlier, but lost it because my keyboard batteries were dying, and it wiped it out, and I didn't feel like retyping)

Cat, how often do you change the batteries in your keyboard? I have to change my mouse batteries just about once a month but I've gone three with the same batteries in the keyboard. I have a low battery alert though that tells me to change them before I lose info.

Kawaii

fury said:
Do you have shortcut bars strewn about the screen giving you instant access to frequently used parts of your computer?

I have the Windows taskbar off to the right side of the screen with the Quicklaunch and My Computer toolbars on it, and a Desktop toolbar auto-hiding on the top of the screen which contains shortcuts to my downloads folder and htdocs folder.

:beerbang:
Yes. I can access any part of my computer in a matter of seconds.

Edit: My desktop is clean and organized, though.

catocom

greenfreak said:
Cat, how often do you change the batteries in your keyboard? I have to change my mouse batteries just about once a month but I've gone three with the same batteries in the keyboard. I have a low battery alert though that tells me to change them before I lose info.

I have a charger, and use 3 rechargeable Rayovac NiMH batteries.
I have to recharge about every 1-1/2 to 2 months.

Inkara1

I don't even remember the last time I had to change the batteries in my keyboard (Logitech). The battery life in this thing seems to be kick-ass.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
1 bar, hidden & very few icons. Everything in the favorites/programs folder is arranged for quick logical access.

pc_builder

Mirlyn said:
My screen shot is in my previous post...click the image.

Do you notice a significant quality difference in ogg vs mp3?

I've read ogg sounds better. In my own taste tests, I haven't noticed much difference between the two at the same bitrates. But then, I haven't done extensive listening tests using the same songs and such.

I should do that just to kill some time.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i can tell a difference between ogg and most mp3s. some of the better mp3 encoders like lame do a decent job with higher frequencies. ogg just sounds good all the time, not too mention that i generally encode in the 160/192 kbps range

Aunty Em

Jon said:
I'm a minimalist...
So am I... I found that all that junk on the desktop slows down the computer... I keep shortcuts on my start menu... but I do use some shortcut keys.