Asteroid on a direct collision course with earth

Professur

Camelyn said:
I have always loved the "post apocalyptic" storyline on TV, and in movies and books. It's fascinating to see the kinds of scenarios that might be possible if the slate gets wiped almost clean.

As for that event happening in real life, call me a pessimist, but I would bet that there would be looting and rioting on a global scale, not an effort towards global peace in the final hours. Most individuals would in fact cease to think globally at all, as the survival instincts kicked in, and people scrambled to find a way to survive, by any means.

Globally on the political front, mayhaps the economically powerful nations would unite to try and determine a way to counter the threat, or mayhaps they would play the politics game until the end, and fight amongst themselves to use the situation to try to maneuver for political and economic supremacy. :shrug:

I doubt it would be fun, but I'd like to be among the handful of survivors around after the planet-smasher hit. I'm a curious creature by nature, and I would just *have* to know how the story ended :)

How it ends is that all us "gun nuts" turn out to be right. Anyone without major firepower isn't gonna be eating that night.

Oz

Professur said:
How it ends is that all us "gun nuts" turn out to be right. Anyone without major firepower isn't gonna be eating that night.

heh.

That reminds me of one of those psych testing/debating skills things we had to do at Uni.

The question was "The nuclear war is about to start, a plane is available but there are only five spaces left. The plane will take the lucky five to a deserted tropical island where you will live out the rest of your natural lives. Give an argument why you should be one of the lucky five".

I listened patiently while my fellow students gave detailed accounts as why they should be picked. Giving their experiences of being good at hunting/diplomacy/leadership/cooking/survival skills/parenting etc etc....the boring bastards seemed to take forever.

Then it came to me :)

I pointed out that I'd brought a shotgun (not really, this is make-beleive ;) ).

The tutor (who was moderating the discussion) asked if I was a good shot/would be able to effectively hunt with it etc

I answered "Yes, but there is something else that you should consider about the gun"

The tutor politely inquired what.

I told her "Well, I currently have the gun pointed at the pilots head"

I got the place on the plane! :D

"won" the debate......dunno if I past the psych part of the evaluation tho' :D

Camelyn

Oz said:
I told her "Well, I currently have the gun pointed at the pilots head"

I got the place on the plane! :D

"won" the debate......dunno if I past the psych part of the evaluation tho' :D

:rofl2:

MrBishop

Professur said:

or..the gun nuts die like the rest of us, only they're cradling their handguns lovingly in their arms whilst choking on the ash and poisons in the air. They might last a few days longer...but dead is dead.

The one who dies with the most toys...is still dead.