attn: couch commandos

catocom

you've distorted my posts. goebbels would be proud. :D

nowhere do i advocate for putting another iron the fire.

i simply suggest that those half a million people, who stood up for a few basic rights at great peril, deserve some pats on the back for not being spineless.

you, apparently, disagree.

suggest you read patton's speech to the 3rd army.

meh, ...
now if they would denounce Hezbollah, THAT I'd not only applaud, and advocate, but announce widely.

Winky

ih5evt.jpg

2minkey

bootlicker
didya notice how vigorously al quada is being hunted down now? makes you wonder why W never got bin laden. not like he didn't have the resources. :retard:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Yes, the Syrians who are rising up are being brave. What are they expecting to accomplish? Egypt is following the usual path & most likely doing exactly what we were thinking so there isn't much leadership there.

GW took out many AQ leaders. Pakistan had nukes before he ever got there. Wantsajihadman has made it clear what his intentions with the nukes are not simply deterents. Plus, the more that have them, the more likely an event.

2minkey

bootlicker
Yes, the Syrians who are rising up are being brave. What are they expecting to accomplish?

they're probably looking for the reforms that bashar has long promised?

yeah who knows.

from what i've seen of syrian catoism er fatalism it does make this seem like something interesting though. for the most part they seem to have historically accepted the idea that dictator thugs are just "the way things are." seems like they might want some freedom.

2minkey

bootlicker
wanting freedom, and Islam at the same time is an oxymoron.
That's why the fatalism.

um, no it isn't. that's absurd. you obviously know next to nothing about islam. only the extremists don't like freedom, much like the christian extremists here.

rationalize however you may, your fatalism is born from inertia.

catocom

I know plenty about Islam.
If you aren't a so called 'extremist', you aren't a real muslim.
If you don't believe the second half of the Koran, you aren't a real muslim,
and if you do, you Are an extremist.

2minkey

bootlicker
you use the two interchangeably. besides, syria is 90% muslim.

theology huh? cool. i have many questions.

let's start with...

how would you say the alawis fit into islam? or how don't they? from a doctrinal standpoint i mean...

oh right you mean backwoods christian theology.

so we're back to your suspicions about them muslims and big order of milquetoast.

catocom

you use the two interchangeably. besides, syria is 90% muslim.

theology huh? cool. i have many questions.

let's start with...

how would you say the alawis fit into islam? or how don't they? from a doctrinal standpoint i mean...

oh right you mean backwoods christian theology.

so we're back to your suspicions about them muslims and big order of milquetoast.

I don't usually interchange them, but in some instances in certain regions, they can be.

on the alawis situation, although they are of a very similar religion, certain
ethnicity within the Shiite (and I'm not real sure how they break it down)
there will probably always be tension because it is 'tied' to religious beliefs.
(kinda like the tensions between some Christians about 'pre-millennial, and post-millennial')