August 31 2006

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
UN Sanction day is here. WIll Iran choose to tow the line & follow protocol or will they laugh at the UN (just like everybody else does)?

Inquriing minds want to know.

UN Sanction day is here. WIll Iran choose to tow the line & follow protocol or will they laugh at the UN (just like everybody else does)?

Inquriing minds want to know.

*raises hand
*raises hand
*wants to say it before anyone else

Why should Iran follow a UN resolution if Israel ignores them. Why should Iran give up its peaceful nuclear program when the US has more warheads than any other country and are the only ones who have used them.

Do I get an A+?

One can only wonder what they will "tow" the line with and perhaps where they will "tow" it to. :lol:

chcr- :finger:

Luis said:
Why should Iran give up its peaceful nuclear program when the US has more warheads than any other country and are the only ones who have used them.

Let's start with, the US has nuclear arms & is open to inspection by the IAEA. The US has nuclear power that is open to inspection by the IAEA. The US has nuclear arms prior to the NPT & is not obligated to give them up.

Iran refuses inspectors.
Iran has no nukes, to our knowledge, making their aquiring them a violation of the NPT.
Iran is a threat to mankind. The US is only a threat to those who threaten peace.

Some of our others friends would've asked some version of that eventually so it was just easier to answer now :D

chcr- :finger:

Let's start with, the US has nuclear arms & is open to inspection by the IAEA. The US has nuclear power that is open to inspection by the IAEA. The US has nuclear arms prior to the NPT & is not obligated to give them up.

Iran refuses inspectors.
Iran has no nukes, to our knowledge, making their aquiring them a violation of the NPT.
Iran is a threat to mankind. The US is only a threat to those who threaten peace.

a logical answer!!!!!!

no propaganda, no america the great.

woot!

and I left the finger in for chcr cause it's teh funnie

depends on the man in charge. I was greatly embarassed by Jiminy Carter & profoundly proud of Reagan.

depends on the man in charge. I was greatly embarassed by Jiminy Carter & profoundly proud of Reagan.

as a whole, are you patriotic, do you beleive in Amerca having to be the police to the world? (Iraq for example)

It was not meant as an insult, I beleive in Canada the Great, I just do not use it to answer a political arguement. And like you I am ashamed of certain portions of Canadas past (and even present) but to me it is still the greatest country on earth, and I would live nowhere else.

I even have the Canadian Maple leaf tattooed on me, soon to be surronded by other symbols of Canada.

do you beleive in Amerca having to be the police to the world?
I don't like it but yes, I have accepted the fact that, as the sole remaining superpower, we have a responsibility to help those that can't help themselves.

Remember Spidermans Uncle Ben...With great power comes great responsibility. Silly cartoon pap with a solid foot in reality.

I'd prefer a strong & unified League of Nations, however, much as the original, it has become nothing but a diplomats clearing house, giving a life of leisure to people (many of whom do not deserve it) while doing nothing to fulfill its Charter. Until such a time, we are duly elected, by your (collective) representatives.

I'd prefer a strong & unified League of Nations, however, much as the original, it has become nothing but a diplomats clearing house, giving a life of leisure to people (many of whom do not deserve it) while doing nothing to fulfill its Charter. Until such a time, we are duly elected, by your (collective) representatives.

League of nations would be great, much better than the UN

as to duly elected, that you are not, sometimes it is welcome, sometimes you impose yourself. As much as the UN sucks it still should be the one dictating worldwide policy.

I think a lot of people can't differentiate between liking America and mindlessly following the rhetoric of the current administration.

There's a BIG difference between blindly agreeing with the leadership and believing on the principles of which our country has been founded.

Too many people think that just because you think America is a great country means that you are completely devoted to the current political parties.

And too many people villanize America just because they disagree with the actions of the current President.

I personally can't stand people who badmouth America just because they don't like Bush. Bush is not America. The Republican party is not America. The Democratic party is not America. Saying blanket statements like "America sucks" or "America is evil." really make me unhappy. America certainly isn't the perfect country. But it is a lot closer than anybody else. The whole idea that everyone gets a say in the running of the country is a damn good one.
For the most part, it's a great country. Saying otherwise just because you don't like a certain ELECTED leader who can only serve a maximum of EIGHT years is pretty fucking stupid in my book.

League of nations would be great, much better than the UN

as to duly elected, that you are not, sometimes it is welcome, sometimes you impose yourself. As much as the UN sucks it still should be the one dictating worldwide policy.

Under who's auspice or authority. The group that allows Syria to sit upon the Security Council is hardly effective.

Back