Winky

Save yourself the money and download it or skip it altogether.
It's 5 dollar CGI with a timeworn script I wouldn't give you two bucks for.

Another capitalism is bad mutha Gaia tree huggin' bullshit wank job.

Five thumbs down, even onna cam/telesync barely worth yer time.

Winky

Hell no that movie had every gol-durn left wing stereotype
that ever was, by 14 minutes I already knew what was in the
whole script. I'd feel sorry for anyone that paid to see that crap!
Boring boring Boring!
I guess at least 60 year old Sigourney got to get a paycheck.

valkyrie

Critics seem to like it. I haven't seen even the trailer yet for it. Everyone at work is all wet in the panties and making a pants-tent for this film. A lot of my work friends have seen it and liked it.

The story line is said to be predictable but the imagery and technology is amazing. There are parts you think are live action which are animation.

Here's David Edelstein's review from Fresh Air on NPR...
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=121608074

ADDED: just saw the trailer. It is visually appealing and the action of the animation is very realistic.

Winky

the plot is time worn
the CGI has all been done before
every possible stupid left wing hollyweird
catechism is there, this movie blows chunks

BeardofPants

Yes, val, that is it. The story line is predictable and one-dimensional. Didn't really enjoy it. But the visuals are stunning. If you do see it, see it in 3D. That is probably the best format.

valkyrie

Yes, val, that is it. The story line is predictable and one-dimensional. Didn't really enjoy it. But the visuals are stunning. If you do see it, see it in 3D. That is probably the best format.
We're still holding off because the lines are still too long when we want to see it. I'd rather wait than hassle with the people.

Winky

no the best format (if you want to waste your time)
is for free, that movie seriously blows

IDLEchild

It was ok. Special effects are brilliant, wonderfully imaginative but hokey dialogue and done to death story. Saw it in 3D IMAX and didn't see the benefit of seeing it over regular 3D.

If anything, it's definetly a visual feat but I still think Final Fantasy: Spirits within had more advanced animation...on top of a woefully convaluted story.

valkyrie

G and I saw it today. I'm glad we waited (and saw it on a Friday afternoon). There were no lines, no crowds, and there was only 3 other people in the theater. We saw it in 3D at a drafthouse theater that serves beer, wine and food. I thought it was a beautiful movie. One has to appreciate the work that went into making it.

But, yes, the story was predictable for the most part and it was all too familiar.

pc_builder

I don't know why everyone's so upset over the story. Look at any movie today. Everything's been done to death. There's nothing new anymore. Although it does get to look prettier and prettier as technology advances.

I do, however, still watch movies in the hope I'll see something new. But I've been able to predict everything I've watched for the past ten years. In a way, it's kind of nice knowing what's going to happen, though a little disappointing if there are no surprises.

I just watch movies now mostly for the special effects. I went to the Fargo Film Festival this year. There were a few nice short films and a couple nice features among the schlock.

Avatar was definitely visually pleasing. CGI and various special effects greatly fascinate me. I often find myself wondering how I could something similar on a much more limited budget.

Winky

Avatar the movie is crap made two billion dollars! wtf?

It made me feel murderous
lets get together