Baby Names

SouthernN'Proud said:
Maybe it's cuz I ain't no sci-fi nerd, but I never would have connected Lucas and Star Wars. Until Leslie pointed it out. Even then it took a minute.

I first thought of Lucas McCain...wasn't that a TV cowboy or sumthin?
Lucas, Luke. Star Wars. Or Luke Duke. :eek13:

unclehobart said:
That being said, you should use the old world tradition of endless naming the lad.

My name is Roberto Alfonso Eduardo Francisco Luis Ulises Carlos Ernesto Gerardo Hector Rodrigo Ignacio Antonio Mario Rogelio Ismael Gendron Montoya ... you killed my father ... prepare to die.
I mentioned your recommendation to MrsBish. She laughed and then said something about getting to chose the name of your next... something about calling Tonks :)
When I left her...she was looking for our phone card :)

Les' point of view of NOT picking off the most popular names list is what I was gonna say...I guess if I really liked a name and it appeared there I wouldn't NOT pick it but I wouldn't pick something just cause it was on that list and would TRY to not pick from it so the kid didn't end up with 5 other kids with his name in his class. On the same note...I named my kid brother after a kid whose dad worked with my dad...he was the ONLY person we had ever heard of with that name...my mom was SURE he would be teased cause it was such a "weird" and "odd" name...turns out like SO many people around his age have that name...so sometimes even if you pick something cause you like it and don't think it's popular...everyone else aving kids at the same time may think the same way as you...so...my advice is to just pick something you like without taking the popularity of the name into accout.

Nixy said:
Les' point of view of NOT picking off the most popular names list is what I was gonna say...I guess if I really liked a name and it appeared there I wouldn't NOT pick it but I wouldn't pick something just cause it was on that list and would TRY to not pick from it so the kid didn't end up with 5 other kids with his name in his class. On the same note...I named my kid brother after a kid whose dad worked with my dad...he was the ONLY person we had ever heard of with that name...my mom was SURE he would be teased cause it was such a "weird" and "odd" name...turns out like SO many people around his age have that name...so sometimes even if you pick something cause you like it and don't think it's popular...everyone else aving kids at the same time may think the same way as you...so...my advice is to just pick something you like without taking the popularity of the name into accout.
I probably won't pick from that Top-20 list. It was jsut easier to put it up because MrsBish and I have only talked about the Spanish names. :shrug:
Having grown up with at least 2 other "Marc's" in every damn class that i've ever taken has kinda put me off from using 'popular names'. :)

Cain is out as of now but Gabriel has been added. :)
So has Nicolas

No Nick.
Lick Nick. Nick the dick. Lick Nick's dick. Go lick your dick, Nick. The teacher licks Nick's dick.

it's sooooooooo easy with that one.

How about Gaylord or Constance. Oh wait are we being serious now. You could go super ethnic how about Rajinder or Harj.

Leslie said:
No Nick.
Lick Nick. Nick the dick. Lick Nick's dick. Go lick your dick, Nick. The teacher licks Nick's dick.

EVERY name is gonna have that possibility though. And, honestly, it all depends on who the kid is friends with at school...if the popular crows shuns them then no matter what their name is they will prolly be made fun of...

Leslie said:
No Nick.

I can tell that you were a handfull when you were in school ;)

Lopan said:
How about Gaylord or Constance. Oh wait are we being serious now. You could go super ethnic how about Rajinder or Harj.
Try either Spanish or Basque names...I'm not Hindi :)

Nice basque name, Mitxel - Basque for Mitchel.
Ramiro is nice.

AnderBasque form of Andrew.
DanelBasque form of Daniel. God judges me. Judged by God.
JakesBasque form of James.Male
JakobeBasque form of Jacob.
KelmenBasque form of Clement.Male
KemenValour.Male
MikelForm of Michael. It is a Catalan form.Male
MikolasBasque form of Nicholas.
SeinBasque form of Innocent.

I like ^ those.

Back