Babylon The Great

HeXp£Øi±

Sculpture outside the EU Council of Ministers Office in Brussels, Belgium

EUSculpture.jpg

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet,
and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.

Euro coins. Take note of the twelve stars surrounding the woman riding a beast.

5Euro.jpg

2Euro.jpg

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me,
Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters

(literally, covering the entire earth)

Revelation 12:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth
have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3: So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast,
full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4: And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls,
having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF
THE EARTH.

This is a European Union poster used to promote European unity. Modeled on Pieter Brueghel's famous 16th
century painting "The Tower Of Babel", the poster shows the peoples of Europe rebuilding the tower that God
destroyed in Genesis 11:

EUPoster.jpg

In December of 2000, the European Union opened its' Parliament building in Strasberg,
France modeled after the Dutch artist Pieter Brueghel's famous 16th century painting, "The Tower of Babel".

EUTower.jpg

Time magazines Dec 1992 artical on a "United Europe contained the following image.

timemagazine.jpg

Hmmm...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Book of Gonzo

1:1

And All the world fell from the stench rising from our east. Save one, lead by a shrubbery. He brought forth freedom & democracy & all was well.

unclehobart

I'd rather see a benevolent dictatorship. At least the overhead would be cheaper and the decisions would be a helluva lot faster.

HeXp£Øi±

Relelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9: And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10: And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

The seven great nations were (1) Assyria, (2) Egypt, (3) Babylon, (4) Medo Persia, (5) Greece, (6) Rome(during the time John wrote revelation Rome was still standing) and the seventh which John says. "was, and is not, and yet is" is the revived Roman empire.

Rome, as everyone knows, is the city of seven hills.

Gonz said:
Book of Gonzo

1:1

And All the world fell from the stench rising from our east. Save one, lead by a shrubbery. He brought forth freedom & democracy & all was well.

My child, have I not spoken to you of this blaspheme? Must ye taunt me so? I remind ye that the great leader shall be four and zero and all followers must reach to see his sandals. Pass love and understanding along, as you do so well, to those with less rationale.

:biker:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
GOD ALMIGHTY said:
My child, have I not spoken to you of this blaspheme? Must ye taunt me so? I remind ye that the great leader shall be four and zero and all followers must reach to see his sandals. Pass love and understanding along, as you do so well, to those with less rationale.

:biker:
wow, he's gonna be shoooooooooooort.

AlladinSane

Revelation is not meant to predict the end of the world, it was a portrait of what would come for Crhistians in the incoming years. (prosecutings, executions, etcetera). John written it 'encoded' so just only his comrades would understand. He was a prisioner when he did, so he should make his message go thru his captors. It was later that some smartasses(probably from catholic church) used it for 'fear policy'. Even my old Lutheran bible has this explanation on it...

freako104

unclehobart said:
I'd rather see a benevolent dictatorship. At least the overhead would be cheaper and the decisions would be a helluva lot faster.

what are the chances of that happening tho

unclehobart

A dictatorship is far more likely that a benevolent one. The very fabric of society would have to be ripped assunder like a pack of hyenas going at a sack Twinkies before such a thing would happen.

MrBishop

Private message to Bush :

2 ‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance. I know that you cannot tolerate evildoers; you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them to be false. [size=-2]3[/size]I also know that you are enduring patiently and bearing up for the sake of my name, and that you have not grown weary. [size=-2]4[/size]But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. [size=-2]5[/size]Remember then from what you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first.
Revelations 2:2