Back to it

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Many, or most, of us had several days, or more, without work, to enjoy the holidays. Even Monday the second was a holiday for many.

Now it's Tuesday Jan 3, 2006. The funs over & the paying begins. Put your nose to the grindstone damnit.

:massacre:

Gonz said:
Many, or most, of us had several days, or more, without work, to enjoy the holidays. Even Monday the second was a holiday for many.

Now it's Tuesday Jan 3, 2006. The funs over & the paying begins. Put your nose to the grindstone damnit.

Two words for ya, and the second one's "off"

Happy fuckin' New Year to ya.

Gonz said:

Slag off....

If you worked during the holidays...or work retail in general...

*points & laughs*

Think about it this way...you have your teeth

Spot said:
holidays are just another day....
They also happen during the pesky 'year-end' period (last minute purchases/bids for taxes, archival backups, etc).

Mirlyn said:
They also happen during the pesky 'year-end' period (last minute purchases/bids for taxes, archival backups, etc).

Only if you work for the government...or if your company's fiscal year is insync with the calendar year...

Nixy said:
With a higher attempted suicide rate?
oddly enough, there were fewer than the usual number of psych patients the past couple of weeks. fewer overdoses too.

Spot said:
oddly enough, there were fewer than the usual number of psych patients the past couple of weeks. fewer overdoses too.

Interesting...I guess the ones who have a good family and are just messed up upstairs themselves probably were surrounded by family and made it through alright and the ones whose families are as screwed up as they are were probably the ones you still saw...my ex falls into the second category...I wonder if he made it through the holidays alive...I don't particularly CARE because he's an ass and if he can't stay sober when he knows drinking drives him to suicidal thoughts and he doesn't try to get help for it then it's his own fault...I'm just curious.

I've been working on a data-recovery all year long....
he brought it to me on NY-day. :nerd:

It's a 60gig deathstar, and it's giving me a migraine. :suicide:

I haven't actually been able to pull data yet, but it's spinning, and the SMART
is ok, and a couple of little dos utils have been able to read some, just not
transfer yet.
I've got several more utils to try before giving up on it. :eek6:

First day back at work today after a holiday that started on 15 December 2005. And I wish I didn't have to be be back....it's raining and just absolutely the best kind of weather to stay in bed all day.

Oh well, I've already told the boss that I intend taking a week of in April...flippen four months away!!! :mope:

Back