Baseroid

HomeLAN said:
Smoltz is still here. So is Chipper Jones, and (thank God) Bobby Cox.

Maybe it's me. OK, probably it's me. But I fail to see how Bobby Cox is anything to get all hard about. Most any high school band teacher could lose what, six out of seven World Series? True, he gets them that far, but what's that old saw about always a bridesmaid?

Meanwhile, in Rangerland, General Whoever Inky Keeps Saying is still as dead as any hope the Rangers harbor of contending for a DAMN thing. Again.

Tell ya what. You find someone else who can string together 14 consecutive division championships, and then you can dis on Cox. Not before.

Matter of fact, find me another major league skipper who has half that many in row.

It's Generalissimo Francisco Franco. Meanwhile, Generalissimo Frank Francisco is still injured.

Kevin Mench, he of the seven-game home run streak in April, hadn't homered since June 11. How do you fix that? Have him face Neil Cotts, relief pitcher for the Chicago White Sox. Mench had been 2-for-2 against Cotts in his career, with two home runs... now he's 3-for-3 against Cotts for his career, with three home runs. :D

Indeed... although he is popular, so I don't think Shea Hillenbrand (no more power, but more expensive and more whiny) is the guy we'd want to trade Mench for. C.C. Sabathia is another story entirely, or Carlos Zambrano.

I still say give him until next spring training to iron out the knuckleball. If he hasn't shown real improvement by then, then I'd have to jump on your "Dickey sucks, mostly because he went to UT" bandwagon. But the knuckleball isn't a pitch you can pick up overnight. I just don't like someone with that much heart and loyalty to be left out in the cold.

You might wanna be careful with the phrase "Dickey sucks"...

Zambrano's not going anywhere. He's the only thing worth watching here, and it'd take an unbelieveable package to get him away. You might be able to get Wood and Prior for him, but combined the last 4 years they haven't been worth 1 starting pitcher together. It was a lot of fun watching Mench last night though, hehehe. I thought Dusty was the only one to drag out a pitcher with a bad matchup against a certain guy in this town (like Remlinger to Larry Walker, who was like .800 against him and hit a game winning homer then), but Ozzie showed he's got mush for brains too.

Are the Tigers still doing good? I have this sweet Tiger's winter jacket that i am hoping to unload during my Back to School sale.

Oh! And a Tenn. Titans one too! That didn't sell last year but I hold out hope that Vince Young can change that for me :D

tonksy said:
Are the Tigers still doing good? I have this sweet Tiger's winter jacket that i am hoping to unload during my Back to School sale.

Oh! And a Tenn. Titans one too! That didn't sell last year but I hold out hope that Vince Young can change that for me :D
Re El Tigres, best record in baseball good enough for ya?

Re Titans jacket, I'm afraid you'd have to pay me to take it.

Edit: What size is it? Send me a pic I'll noise it around work. Got an idea what you'll take.

Sweet about the Tigers!
The Tennessee? I'm going to try it at auction at the beginning of football season to ride on the Vince Young craze, I'll let you know when I've got it photoed.

As it turns out, I went to check to see if I didn't have an old photo of the Tenn jacket and I do. It also appears the my Tigers coat still has the store tags attached :kaching

Stop Laughing said:
You might wanna be careful with the phrase "Dickey sucks"...

Zambrano's not going anywhere. He's the only thing worth watching here, and it'd take an unbelieveable package to get him away. You might be able to get Wood and Prior for him, but combined the last 4 years they haven't been worth 1 starting pitcher together. It was a lot of fun watching Mench last night though, hehehe. I thought Dusty was the only one to drag out a pitcher with a bad matchup against a certain guy in this town (like Remlinger to Larry Walker, who was like .800 against him and hit a game winning homer then), but Ozzie showed he's got mush for brains too.
Wood for Dickey? :D [/Beavis]

Koronka was an interesting one to watch tonight. A 30 something pitch first inning and he gets out of it without giving up a hit. He walked the bases loaded, but the Sox got themselves out of that one. The Sox are playing worse baseball than the Cubs right now, and that's impressive since we're still stinking up the joint, like usual.

Scott Williamson's gone to San Diego now, and the rest of the bullpen is for sale. Anyone else want one?

Finally got a damned closer, but it's too little, too late. John Smoltz's fuckin' ego killed the bullpen and any real shot at a division title.

Fuckin' Mets. *wanders off in search of a very strong drink*

Back