BBQ entrances and exits

Professur

That's gonna be an issue for me. That's a long drive back to the campground, and I know for a fact that the missus won't drive it. Looks like I'm going dry.

HomeLAN

Yep. You're looking at an hour or so, each way. You sure Stone Mountain is where you wanna base out of?

Professur

I'm researching from over a thousand miles away. You can't really make out smaller targets at this range.

Besides, I'm still looking at it from a kid's POV. I need easily accessible entertainment for a variety of ages. I'd hoped for a KOA. There was one really close to you, but it's either lost it's accreditation (not good) or closed. The only other one is a park that doesn't permit popups. So that leaves me Stone Mountain, or Cato's back yard.

catocom

I think the travel time is about the same.
That's why I'm gonna sleep over. I might have to do a shot or 2. :drink: shhhh

unclehobart

Professur said:
I'm researching from over a thousand miles away. You can't really make out smaller targets at this range.

Besides, I'm still looking at it from a kid's POV. I need easily accessible entertainment for a variety of ages. I'd hoped for a KOA. There was one really close to you, but it's either lost it's accreditation (not good) or closed. The only other one is a park that doesn't permit popups. So that leaves me Stone Mountain, or Cato's back yard.
Stone Mountain has a laser show and a big rock. Catos place has skeet fishing.

It's a toss up. :)

Professur

Skeet fishing? Is that putting fish in a launcher, and trying to hook them while they fly through the air?

catocom

Prof, I figure you might want to do the Mt thing for the kids, but stop by
on the way down, or back, maybe for a layover, and fish. :)

HomeLAN

Time-wise, you'd be better off at Lake Allatoona. I know there are places up there close to lakeside, and that'd cut your travel in half.

Professur

This campground has first come, first serve sites. Howerver, we recommend reservations whenever possible in order to guarantee you'll have a site when you arrive; however, since there are no reservable sites available in this campground, this campground states they have first come, first served sites. Campgrounds DO NOT make advance reservations for these sites. If you want to take a chance on one of these sites, you can go to the campground and see what is available when you arrive to camp. You may also contact the Allatoona Lake Operations Manager's Office at 678-721-6700 to check availability on first come, first served sites

does that make any sense to anyone?