Beast from the East

Aunty Em

Now I could understand it if your cities ground to a halt with all that snow, it makes me shiver just looking at it! :eek:

I hope everyone's OK and keeping warm. :)

Dave

home buying tip

here is a home buying tip if any of you want to live where it snows.
if you are looking to buy a house on a cul-de-sac, be aware that if the driveway is on the upper right part of the cul-de-sac, all the snow from the plows will get dumped on the end of your driveway. unless of course if you are already shoveling when the plow arrives and stare him down.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Looks like a little over 2' here. The poor dog is only 10" tall. She looks like a mole making her way around the yard. Can't open the front door or the 4' drift will fall into the living room. Looks cool. The idiot son left the truck out on the street last night so its plowed in. I told him they would do that. Guess he didn't believe me. :shrug: I wonder if anyone has claimed the domain MySonIsAnAsshole.com....Time to make another pot of coffee....

Aunty Em

Re: home buying tip

Spot said:
here is a home buying tip if any of you want to live where it snows.
if you are looking to buy a house on a cul-de-sac, be aware that if the driveway is on the upper right part of the cul-de-sac, all the snow from the plows will get dumped on the end of your driveway. unless of course if you are already shoveling when the plow arrives and stare him down.

Do you know this through experience or heresay? :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Spot, I'd have had to stop & stay a few days with you if I came up. We're both safe.

MY first stop was Middletown,, NY-midnight last night-NWs was saying blizzard warning & 12-16". 8:30 this morning NWS had updated to 16-24" & blizzard until midnight. Boston only had flood advisory & Portland had 2-4". Now they're under a Winter Weather Warning. I'd have gotten to Maine & become a native.

Greenie, put down the shovel-if you're having breathing problems an ambulance is a long time getting there in a blizzard. Make Mr Greenie do it.

It missed us by 43 miles & aren't I glad. Good luck folks.

Dave

Aunty Em said:
Do you know this through experience or heresay?

sadly, its from experience. have about 3' of plowed snow at the end of the driveway just waiting for me...:(

Q

Gonz said:
Greenie, put down the shovel-if you're having breathing problems an ambulance is a long time getting there in a blizzard. Make Mr Greenie do it.
She can't make Mr. greenie do it...she's at her friends house dogsitting. However, Gonz is right greenie, you should NOT be shovelling and that freezing cold air is the worst thing for your lungs.

greenfreak

Thanks guys, I'm ok. I shoveled out back one more time, just to get the path off the deck cleared for her again. I refuse to let a little thing like an occasional asthma attack get me down. :) I didn't even need the inhaler for that, I guess I got used to it. I just know my arms and legs are going to be damn sore tomorrow though.

It's finally tapering off, although it's still snowing. 24 hours of constant snow, officially. Now I hear there's another band of snow showers that's going to arrive tomorrow. They 'only' expect 1-3 inches from that one. :rolleyes:

The end of the driveway stayed pretty clear so I'll be able to just trudge through about 5 inches from the door to the car and then I'll be fine.

Squiggy, please tell me it's stopped snowing there. It will give me something to look forward to!

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Yeah...it stopped quite a while ago. I'm in a bad spot for snows like this. The ocean seems to keep pushing them back at us and this seems to be the 'buffer zone' that gets hit the hardest. All in all, its not too bad. I just heard that primary and secondary roads are pretty clear. :wink2:

greenfreak

Is your area considered Southern NJ? That's what I always hear on severe weather reports, southern NJ always gets the shit end of the stick, no matter what the problem is--thunderstorms, winds, snow... Dontcha just love living in Jersey? :D

*checks out the window* Yup, still snowin. :grumpy:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Draw a straight line from Philly at the Walt Whitman Bridge, to AC at Rt. 40 and find the center of it. Thats me.

greenfreak

Boy, it's too bad I'm not doing my road trips anymore, I'd pass pretty close to you on my way from Camden to Lakewood. Yeah, I'd say that's southern NJ, you poor bastard. ;) :D