Because god didn't love you enough.....

I think a whole new race of supreme human beings is slowly killing us normal folk off....I'm serious...what comes after Homo Sapiens....

CydCharisse said:
I think a whole new race of supreme human beings is slowly killing us normal folk off....I'm serious...what comes after Homo Sapiens....

Homo-Sapiesn-Sapien (Where we are)
Homo-Sapiens-Superior
E-Homo-Sapiens

Did this kid go to middle school *and* high school in a year, or did they just take him from elementary school for him to go to med school?

That's what I wanna know.

I feel bad for him, he probably missed so many dances in the process :nerd:

Shadowfax said:
i pity him

hmmm...i don't pity him so much actually. if i read how his classmates are handling things, and how HE is handling things....that's remarkable.

wish there were more classmates like those people.

Thing is, is he there through choice or through pressure to succeed?

If it were me and I had that kind of ability I would just pleb away as normal....doing the kinda stuff that kid is doing is too much like showing off for me

perhaps, but let's pretend this:

you're 12.
you're capable of studying medicine at Uni...

you won't enjoy being in highschool then, that's for sure. bored to death by all the easy stuff they want you to 'learn'.
kids in your class, of that age, won't understand you and think you're just a weirdo...while people around 22 can be a lot more understanding. at least, that's the impression i got from the article...if they are partying a bit more at home instead of in cafés so he can be there as well, that's cool. and watching flicks rated for his age, because of him, well, that's just so cool as well :)

lacemyster said:
I feel bad for him, he probably missed so many dances in the process :nerd:

Blech, prom (and dances in general) is the most overrated event in any high school kids life. Nothing but a money pit for 4 hours of crappy music and people you hate.

At least that was my experience. Twice. *piss2* i like monkies.

rrfield

Recently, Sho did an Internet search of his name and was surprised to find many people commenting about his life in blogs (or Web logs).

I hope he comes in here and comments himself.

Dude thats way cool, I have only imagined what it would be like to have those abilities. I got into Med school and never went. I was recruited by the Secret Service but bombed on the Panel Interview. Everyone around me tells me Im smarter and wonders how Im stuck in such a crappy job. My life is pretty much unfilled and possiblity, under achieved....

Ill live vicacriously through kids like this, because I know my place is to be stuck in dead in jobs and miserable for my entire exsistence.

Yet learning for learning sake.......thats cool and that somthing I can still do and still enjoy.

You go dude!

His mother recalls trying to master a waltz by Chopin on the piano while 3-year-old Sho played with toy trains below her. Frustrated, she went to the kitchen to take a break -- and a few moments later, hurried back in amazement as she heard Sho playing the piece.

By age 4, he was composing. And by age 7, he was doing high school work -- taught by his parents because they couldn't find a school that could accommodate him.

By age 8, he scored a 1,500 out of 1,600 possible points on the SAT and started college at age 9.

Doesn't sound like like much has beed pushed on him. Obviously a gifted kid. It's too bad he's wasting it on medical school though. He needs to be in something like physics or chemistry where he can make a real difference on a larger scale, be given the ability to break new ground. Doctors are great but it doesn't take a genius to finish med school.

HeXp£Øi± said:
Doesn't sound like like much has beed pushed on him. Obviously a gifted kid. It's too bad he's wasting it on medical school though. He needs to be in something like physics or chemistry where he can make a real difference on a larger scale, be given the ability to break new ground. Doctors are great but it doesn't take a genius to finish med school.

Ditto. Physics or engineering or architecture or marine biology (the largest and most vital resource we have is important no?)

Talents would have been better used there. Helping people is great and all but he is going to realize real fast that most of his patients wont follow his instructions, dont give a crap about taking care of themselves, and are dumb as nails.

And no matter what kind of care you give to your patients, they are pretty much going to die anyway, thats just how it goes. (would be a crowded planet if they didnt)

Hell, I know several doctors who are narrowminded, ignorant, selfish, and 2 steps away from being classified as red neck white trash (rnwt) in my book, so what does that say about medical school these days?

Hell, I know several doctors who are narrowminded, ignorant, selfish, and 2 steps away from being classified as red neck white trash (rnwt) in my book, so what does that say about medical school these days?

Anyone with a good memory can make it through medical school with straight a's. If anything i'd say they aren't pushing this kid enough.

Gifted kids love learning... I can vouch for that. It's very frustrating being held back by your classmates and no matter how hard you try to integrate with people your own age it's very difficult because you just don't connect. It gets better as you get older because age becomes less relevant.

Back